Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63435 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Can say this, seems that we (UGA) have recurring problems. By that I mean this . . . . same mistakes repeated over and over.

Buc, that's the thing that gets me about richt. People who support him always bring up the fact that he's such a good recruiter because he builds up these young men and takes care of them and can sell the parents on this. While I've never been one to blame richt for players' poor choices, it's obvious that his recruiting sales pitch is meaningless.

I can't shy away from what you said above sadlerdawg.

The message that is being sent is not carrying a lot of weight at this point. Say that meaning this . . . . happening too often. Think most of us know that there are some in the SEC that would risk a serious suspension at the end of the season to keep a certain player. Risk, reward, guess we could ask Auburn about that tactic.

Could be that the "current message" being delivered in the living rooms might be coming from the heart, but the bottom line, "something" is wrong, the message is falling short. Not talking about quarterback play here, talking about what is said in the living rooms with Mom. Let's face it, too many of these young athletes have "needed" more than "Mom" for life skills. That seems to be the message that our head coach delivers, guidance from a male figure.

Don't beat me up, say what I feel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63436 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

sflanagan21 wrote: www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100914aad.html

I call BS on this one! $400 for real, Gurley isn't that stupid.

They are saying that UGA is almost impossible to get signatures from. Could this be a smear campaign?

More
9 years 6 months ago #63437 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Problem is you can't NOT recruit guys like Gurley or you'll be playing against them.

CMR may have coaching flaws etc but I can't put the blame on him or anyone else on the staff. Everybody praises McClendon with his recruiting efforts....you blaming him too?.....Bobo?

No.... this is on Gurley. These players are hammered with classes and instruction on NCAA rules.

Every coach in America wanted Gurley, Michel, Chubb etc etc etc

Gurley is a Junior, he's been there quite long enough to know the rules....

It's not on CMR, Bobo, McClendon or anybody else that recruits these kids...it's on the PLAYERS.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63438 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
While in school at Georgia, I worked the door at a joint called Stonewalls, so...yew.

yankeedawg1 wrote: Ogredawg...understand...I am disappointed also..greatly.. it comes with the caring

territory..... face Athens and say 10 Damn It's knowing Dawgs don't do Pity Pat

Parties......don't kick anything can't lose anybody else to injuries

Limey.... you been in a Athens bar this week?????

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
9 years 6 months ago #63439 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
This is on Todd gurley solely. Not CMR. Bad special teams, play calling, coming out flat. Those on Richt. A player deciding to sale their signature over the summer knowing it's against the rules. That's on them.

Not buying conspiracy money is a dangerous thing. Makes people do stupid things.

GO DAWGS

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63441 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
EVERYTHING is Richt's fault; this would NEVER happen if UGA would get a REAL coach!
(just to be clear, please take note of my S-A-R-C-A-S-M)

Seriously, I am really, really bummed by this news; gave up my Vandy tickets last week & will likely never see TG tote the rock btw. the hedges again; you know Auburn fans are loving this news, followed closely by Missouri fans.

Anxiously waiting to see what shakes loose on this front in the next 24 hours...IF he's guilty of taking money for HIS OWN signature (while I can't say I blame him) then he should know better & the next time we see him will be in the NFL combines.

IF however he is being falsely accused & is reinstated only after missing the Missouri game (which we will most likely lose w/o our main man) then...I don't even want to think about this scenario.

All I know is it's definitely HUNKER DOWN TIME now!

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds