Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63467 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Game Day #6
Hearing rumblings that TG isn't happy with the manner in which this is being handled,...ie, feeling like the AD/HC may have thrown him under the bus, rather than stand by him and defend...Read into this what you will, but I'm hearing that TG is considering All of his options,...which could include leaving UGA entirely and begin prepping for the NFL...again, just rumors being floated at a variety of sites, but that's EXACTLY how all this began....

MASH HERE !!!

Another interesting take on GurleyGate!!!

Go Dawgs!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63468 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

NC_Dawg wrote:

stevedawg wrote: New day, smoke is clearing. Anyone see what is really going on yet?

Still fluid. Apparently what sets this apart from the "other" similar infractions is the EBay seller was actively attempting to out TG...

Hidden Agenda??? .....<<<<<< MASH THERE

Unfortunately, if this expands into the $$$ as alleged, TG may not play another down for UGA. Stupid, selfish act that has already cost him the Heisman and may jeopardize the remainder of his college career....As for the NFL, he's got a golden ticket to ride!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 7 months ago #63469 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
You know what? I just don't care anymore.

I don't care enough to want to assign blame. It's just UGA football, so this type of crap is to be expected. Didn't shock me in the least... nothing does anymore around the town of Athens.

Want to assign some blame just for fun?

This is speculation of course... all the facts aren't in, but we will probably find out that Gurley did indeed do something extraordinarily stupid... Richt overreacted to protect his stupid tough love image and did something even more stupid by throwing hsi player under a bus....while the GD-AD slept at the wheel listening to the Disney conference call...while Mahogany row was too busy counting money to pay attention. All the while the NCAA was stooping to new lows of favoritism and influencing the outcome of a season as it enforced it's ignorant and archaic Bible of "though shalt not's" just like it didn't with Camgate, and Johnnygate, and Winstongate...

Screw it for a while.

If it's not Richt and Bobo doing something ignorant... it's a player doing something even worse. If it's not that it will be academics.. the NCAA...whatthehellever. I'm just waiting on lightning strike and plague of locusts... pretty sure that's about all that's left that hasn't negatively impacted UGA football.

We can probably win without Gurley... talent's there. Of course we will probably do something extremely stupid on the sideline and blow it... or fumble.... Maybe... maybe not. I would lean towards probably do something stupid, but it's obvious I'm jaded so I might not be the best to ask.

I am not blaming Richt, but I'll tell you this... I don't think this man's discipline and fatherly care produce much in the way of results for us in things like... Ya know.. discipline and doing things the right way.... which is the man's main only selling point.

But I digress...

Anyway...

Crap goes on everywhere, but not the same level of craptivity that goes on here.

Hell... here at UGA.. we have players that despite our goodly father figure coach still find away to screw up just as much as those kids from schools in Florida...

We make up for that though by not even being able to get away with it like they do!

Awesome.. but don't think I'm advocating getting away with it. If you think that then you're not paying attention and your sarcasm detector isn't on.

On top of all that usual BS noted above that any and all UGA fans have to deal with, we've also got all the rest of the IMG, Mahagony Row, NCAA garbage that for right now has just effectively killed my care factor for UGA and all of college football.

Saturday afternoon or surely in the coming weeks there will be a lot of talk on this board. Some will blame Richt.. some will blame Gurley... some will blame Mahogany row while others will blame the NCAA... Some will criticize the defense.. some will criticize the O.

Who will be right?

Everyone.

Welcome to UGA football

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, ogredawg, AllDawgs5, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #63473 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Really it's amazing how much BS is being said anywhere from 1 game to 4 to never play again.

DID GURLEY kill some body????????????????????

time to ride a Harley!!!!!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #63474 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
He could have attended Auburn and done all of this and more and nothing would have ever happened.

Had he been at Texas A&M this would have been a 1st half suspension against Charleston-Southern.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63475 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
only thing that really can be said IF the allegations are true the season is done for. IF he has been taking $$$ for the last 18 months which goes into LAST Football season we will be vacating some wins including ALL wins so far this year....welcome to a now 0-5 UGA Football team going into Columbia West 0-3 in the SEC East.

Does all this really hurt TG, CMR, CMB, CJP, CWF or CTR no they will get PAID and lose NOTHING....no it hurts the players and student managers who work their butts off to wear the Red and Black. Granted most are getting a free college education but what about the walk ons and Grad Assistants, it hurts the players who PLAY by the RULES and give their sweat and blood to wear the Red and Black and who will never play at the next level. It hurts the Fans who pay for the season tickets and buy the merchandise with hard earned money that lines the pockets of this University. No the fault lies with the whole stinking system, from the NCAA and the University of Georgia. They are one in the same and THEY are to blame along with the ones who line their pockets at OUR the FANS and SUPPORTERS EXPENSE.

We are told to suck it up and move on but I REFUSE to spend another dime of my hard earned MONEY for ANYTHING that has to do with the University of Georgia. Period...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds