9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63476 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
It sure isn't looking good fellows.

Maybe time to start focusing on 15'...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63477 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Ogre, I am not sure exactly how the vacated wins will go. Usually, that only happens when the NCAA launches the investigation and determines a cover up. I know a couple of years ago, it was determined a ut player had received money from an agent. I don't remember hearing anything about them having to vacate any wins, but it could be that they didn't have any wins at that point. Not sure, my guess is UGA launching the investigation will protect them, but who knows with the NCAA.

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on. If wins are vacated, How do you ever look David Andrews, and the rest of that group in the eyes anymore. Those guys sacrifice all they have, end up with knee problems their entire lives, to give you all the glory. It goes for more than the O-line though. You squared the nail up totally Ogre.

I will still be AllDawg though. That is all I know, and care to know.

GO DAWGS - believe bama had the same situation last year, somehow it was swept under the rug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #63478 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I suspect, and this is only MVHO, this will begin and potentially end where it first came to light. Since this was self reported, I seriously doubt the NCAA will delve very far, if at all, beyond the dispositioning rendered by UGA. Nonetheless, it's not looking good for TG!

MASH THIS IF YOU DARE !!!!

Time to put on our game face, Dawg Nation,...#THIS is what we've been paying for...Which happens to be our ONLY controlling measure!....I pulled my $$$ long ago. Who knows, perhaps this could be the final straw to expedite the departure of the Saintly One and his Side-Kick!....There's more then one focal point to "Loss of Institution Control".....just sayin....

LORD IT'S HARD TO BE A DAWG FAN.......

GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63479 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Just saying that UGA played an ineligible player and NCAA rules vacate wins for doing that, weather they knew it or not. Reggie Bush/S Cal. are a prime example of what the NCAA can do...

Remember this is GEORGIA and maybe an example has to be made every 10 years or so as a reminder to not flout the rules...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63480 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I gotcha Ogre, and I agree the NCAA could try to prove a point, but I just don't think they will vacate wins. USC denied the claim, and tried to hide it.

Like I said who knows, NCAA seems to be "more gracious" when it appears you are trying to clean your own house.

It could definitely happen though. Sad day for our seniors if that happens. Sick for them.

GO DAWGS- We still control our own destiny. Todd Gurley may not, but the players wearing the RED and BLACK Saturday afternoon do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63481 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I thought the NCAA only vacates wins if the school tried to cover what was happening up. With Georgia suspending him during this investigation it should prevent the NCAA from doing anything to our current W/L column....

But then again it's the NCAA, they go out of their way to screw programs over.

All we can do is wait and see.

400 bucks- should be 2 games he has to sit out. Hopefully they would count the Missouri game as one.

Now if the 2,000 bucks, or the 20,000 is true..... See you in the NFL Todd.

Most sites I've been reading says we should know what's going to happen sometime next week.

Just prepare for bad news, that way your less likely to throw something out of a window.

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds