Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63427 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Ogredawg...understand...I am disappointed also..greatly.. it comes with the caring

territory..... face Athens and say 10 Damn It's knowing Dawgs don't do Pity Pat

Parties......don't kick anything can't lose anybody else to injuries

Limey.... you been in a Athens bar this week?????

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63428 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
With this happening, just goes to show the depth all of us have concerning our football team.

Don't want to be ugly, but kentdaddy had a lot to say about the NCAA, its lack of leadership, and things that have happened to our football team, going back a ways.

Keep this in mind . . . . It is being reported that this suspension came from Mark Richt, not the NCAA. I have to say this, hope it does not pp too many off, say that again, but sometimes it causes a board fight.

Anyone here remember Mark Richt saying his coaches were not being paid enough and pulling his money out and paying the coaches? Against NCAA rules, right? So what happened in that case? Was Mark Richt suspended or some punishment issued by the ruling body(s)? Not a "peep" from the "Group" . . . . expected response. NCAA, nothing. I am a believer in fair play, not what I see coming from those that have "their best interest at heart".

I am not putting the Gurley thingy at the feet of Mark Richt, say again Todd Gurley is a bright young man. Stop with this . . . . What is good for the goose, is good for the gander. There are some slick asses in this world, young folks can be maneuvered just like old folks.

Little things that bother an "old fart". Am I wrong?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63429 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I'm really hoping Chubb can step in and reduce the fallout, but I'm not optimistic. That's because as we know and have discussed, teams generally take on the persona of their "leader" (coach), and we know richt will have the "golly gee willakers, aw shucks, you're all special" attitude that probably won't inspire anybody. Is it too late to get Rudy from Notre Dame to Columbia Saturday to give the pep talk???

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
9 years 6 months ago #63431 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

sadlerdawg wrote: I'm really hoping Chubb can step in and reduce the fallout, but I'm not optimistic. That's because as we know and have discussed, teams generally take on the persona of their "leader" (coach), and we know richt will have the "golly gee willakers, aw shucks, you're all special" attitude that probably won't inspire anybody. Is it too late to get Rudy from Notre Dame to Columbia Saturday to give the pep talk???

A present day quote or a years later thingy . . . .

Might not be the place to insert this but . . . . Did not start with Gurley or Peterson, it is a never ending thingy, not last year, not this year, I can't speak for the future.

Can say this, seems that we (UGA) have recurring problems. By that I mean this . . . . same mistakes repeated over and over. Also goes to show just how important Todd Gurley is to college football. The alleged rape case in Gainesville, Florida by their freshman quarterback is not news anymore. Understand fully that the charges on the two players (Peterson and Gurley) are different, but both are not doing anything that has not been done before.

bhn.rr.com/articles/2014/10/09/p/prosecu...on-s-bond-revoked#/0

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63432 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

Buc wrote: Can say this, seems that we (UGA) have recurring problems. By that I mean this . . . . same mistakes repeated over and over.

Buc, that's the thing that gets me about richt. People who support him always bring up the fact that he's such a good recruiter because he builds up these young men and takes care of them and can sell the parents on this. While I've never been one to blame richt for players' poor choices, it's obvious that his recruiting sales pitch is meaningless.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63434 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100914aad.html

I call BS on this one! $400 for real, Gurley isn't that stupid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds