Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63456 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
yeah I see what's going on yet. The bluebird of happiness and ole Lady Luck just took another $&@? on UGA.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63461 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

stevedawg wrote: New day, smoke is clearing. Anyone see what is really going on yet?

Still fluid. Apparently what sets this apart from the "other" similar infractions is the EBay seller was actively attempting to out TG...

Hidden Agenda???

Unfortunately, if this expands into the $$$ as alleged, TG may not play another down for UGA. Stupid, selfish act that has already cost him the Heisman and may jeopardize the remainder of his college career....As for the NFL, he's got a golden ticket to ride!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63462 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day #6
From SB Nation:
September 30, I received an email. That email, with name and number redacted:

I have video of Todd Gurley doing a private autograph signing ***. He has been paid thousands of dollars for his stuff over the last 18 months. I personally paid him for this signing on the video. I have bought and sold game used equipment from him.
I want no compensation. Just want someone to leak this story that's deserving. If you have any interest, give me a call or email. I attached a photo of him in my car signing a mini helmet that I just sold last week on my eBay store.

All I ask is some privacy until we can touch base.
I live on Georgia and would crucified if my name was released.
The video is about 5 minutes long but doesn't show the money exchange.
My cell is **********

I believe this would be the lead story on sports center if ESPN got their hands on this. Hope to hear from you soon.
The photo shows an African-American man with dreadlocks signing a red item while sitting in a car. His face is not visible. There is no way of telling whether it is Gurley or not.
After verifying a.) the tipster's identity, and b.) that this person has sold Gurley-autographed gear on eBay under the name provided, we let it drop, because the purpose of this website is not to enforce the NCAA's insane bylaws. On the contrary, we're all for players making money, and are thus editorially supportive of those bylaws' erosion.
So we let it drop. That was September 30."

"When contacted again, the individual refused to meet, denied sending the email, and denied any responsibility for Gurley's suspension."

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1...ded-autographs-email

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 6 months ago #63463 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Good find Steve. I don't hope the individual is crucified, but I do hope he is charged with organized racketeering. No that is far fetched because no federal laws have been broken, but he used money to cause an individual to do something against the law. Gurley is going to be punished and should be, but this scum shouldn't walk away free.

GO DAWGS

More
9 years 6 months ago #63465 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
One more from SB Nation...

"This is how you become a college football bag man...."
"The Bag Man excuses himself to make a call outside, on his "other phone," to arrange delivery of $500 in cash to a visiting recruit. The player is rated No. 1 at his position nationally and on his way into town. We're sitting in a popular restaurant near campus almost a week before National Signing Day, talking about how to arrange cash payments for amateur athletes...."

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4...ll-bag-man-interview

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 6 months ago #63466 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day #6

stevedawg wrote: I have video of Todd Gurley doing a private autograph signing ***. He has been paid thousands of dollars for his stuff over the last 18 months. I personally paid him for this signing on the video. I have bought and sold game used equipment from him.
I want no compensation. Just want someone to leak this story that's deserving.

Yeah... deserving story huh?

I guess it's just his desire to see justice done for the NCAA crime that he himself was involved in.

I just want someone to leak a "deserving" story.... yeah right.

Nice guy... a regular effin saint... just trying to do what's right I guess and he wants nothing (other than to bring a program down)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds