Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63450 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I think I heard/read somewhere, maybe here, that Gurley wasn't all that broken up about it. Not sure I buy that, but if it's true I think of two names that are probably on his mind as well.

Willis McGahee
Marcus Lattimore

There really is no incentive for a sure thing high first rounder to risk millions of dollars for ole State U. They're not as invested as we are. Nobody really benefits from them not being allowed to enter the draft when they are ready. ESPECIALLY Running Backs who in today's NFL are a very disposable, short-lived commodity.

Still stinks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63451 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

GooseDawg78 wrote: EVERYTHING is Richt's fault; this would NEVER happen if UGA would get a REAL coach!
(just to be clear, please take note of my S-A-R-C-A-S-M)

Seriously, I am really, really bummed by this news; gave up my Vandy tickets last week & will likely never see TG tote the rock btw. the hedges again; you know Auburn fans are loving this news, followed closely by Missouri fans.

Anxiously waiting to see what shakes loose on this front in the next 24 hours...IF he's guilty of taking money for HIS OWN signature (while I can't say I blame him) then he should know better & the next time we see him will be in the NFL combines.

IF however he is being falsely accused & is reinstated only after missing the Missouri game (which we will most likely lose w/o our main man) then...I don't even want to think about this scenario.

All I know is it's definitely HUNKER DOWN TIME now!

I still blame Richt. He is the one who consistently sets this team up to rely on one or two key players, never builds depth, and kicks players off due to his perfectionist morality stance. A leader helps to soften the blow if not fight with , not throw them out to the dogs and let them get torn apart.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63452 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
He did , he recruited 5 great RB's

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63453 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Plenty of culpability to go around! TG is just another ripple in an otherwise very active wave pool! If the evidence proves that TG received unauthorized benefits, he should reap the reward for acting selfishly. One could argue about the NCAA double standard, but until the rules are changed, the argument is moot!

As for CMR, I hold him responsible for consistently projecting this image of leader, benefactor and role model, yet seems to have an extremely difficult time living up to, demonstrating and teaching his own lofty standard.

Nonetheless, here we are,....AGAIN,...wounded, publicly embarrassed and limping our way toward another 8-4 season. Anybody willing to wager that next season will be a repeat?....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 6 months ago #63454 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
maybe I should just become a fan of one of those other schools were you can do anything and not get in any trouble...

on the positive side at least we used the last two games against weak opponents to get Douglas some reps

oh wait

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63455 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
New day, smoke is clearing. Anyone see what is really going on yet?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds