Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago #62934 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: Hmmmmm......Mason at wideout.....did they end up running the ball to his side as well?

(maybe they want a "small" high ankle sprain?....just sayin :whistle: )

wlayton, you and I have been around here for a while, like you, still wonder what goes through the coaches heads in certain situations. Would have to go back, but if memory serves me, think Sony Michel ran behind guard and center and there was space, does not need much. That question will have me looking at film wlayton. :)

sflanagan21, sometimes a loss sets me back maybe further than I want to accept. I do believe that Tennessee will present some problems. Earlier today was watching the SEC Network and the two commentators were choosing who they thought were the best four quarterbacks in the East. Hutson was not chosen. That however might also move not only Hutson forward, might get the offensive line to dig in a bit deeper. The offensive line is pretty good at run blocking, I give a lot of credit to our center David on that. We also have power and wiggle, tough for most defenses to handle for four quarters.

Looking forward to seeing how our offensive coordinator calls the game against Tennessee. Think it was NC Dawg that said watch out, this could be one of those games. Still remember Fulmer bringing Tennessee to Athens and working Willie over in all phases of the game. Willie will return Saturday, see if the defensive backs have learned how to run the two or three deep since his departure from Georgia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62935 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote: Hmmmmm......Mason at wideout.....did they end up running the ball to his side as well?

(maybe they want a "small" high ankle sprain?....just sayin :whistle: )

wlayton, you and I have been around here for a while, like you, still wonder what goes through the coaches heads in certain situations. Would have to go back, but if memory serves me, think Sony Michel ran behind guard and center and there was space, does not need much. That question will have me looking at film wlayton. :)

sflanagan21, sometimes a loss sets me back maybe further than I want to accept. I do believe that Tennessee will present some problems. Earlier today was watching the SEC Network and the two commentators were choosing who they thought were the best four quarterbacks in the East. Hutson was not chosen. That however might also move not only Hutson forward, might get the offensive line to dig in a bit deeper. The offensive line is pretty good at run blocking, I give a lot of credit to our center David on that. Wie also have power and wiggle, tough for most defenses to handle for four quarters.

Looking forward to seeing how our offensive coordinator calls the game against Tennessee. Think it was NC Dawg that said watch out, this could be one of those games. Still remember Fulmer bringing Tennessee to Athens and working Willie over in all phases of the game. Willie will return Saturday, see if the defensive backs have learned how to run the two or three deep since his departure from Georgia.

Buc there is no doubt UT is going to pose a few problems espicially if we allow JW time to sit in the pocket because he will have a field day on our secondary! But I do believe we will get to him quick and often, Pruitt is no dummie he knows what it's going to take! I think they are going to have no choice but to load the box and make HM beat them. I've said all alone that what we have seen thus far in Mason is what we are going to get but if Bobo calls the right game then Mason can shred their D across the middle with quick timing routes. This is the game that I would introduce the world to Mr Jeb Blazevich! Get the ball to I Mac, Michel and Hicks in open space and let Gurley, Chubb and Douglas pound the ball down their throats!

We should strike fast and with confidence that we are the better team! It's paramount that we set the tempo from the beggining so that our D can see that our O is in control of our destiny in this game. Our D still needs another game or two before the mold and chemistry develops. This is prolly going to be that game that Mason has to freaking man up and make the plays to win us a ball game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #62936 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Buc, if I'm UT, I throw it 50+ times....and not dink and dunks either.

Couldn't believe the line at 17 in the paper this morning.

Run...run and run it some more. I, like you Buc, have been pleasantly surprised at our OL especially run blocking. With the backs we have they should be very motivated to get nasty in those trenches.....they don't have to hold a block but for a split second. :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62937 by Buc
wlayton, you hit the nail on the head, short time on holding blocks. We have the young men that can operate in a small space. Good observation from where I sit. sflanagan21 has a good post just before your post, probably have read it. Spent the entire game talking to some folks with me about Blazevich. Real deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62938 by Buc

Buc wrote: wlayton, you hit the nail on the head, short time on holding blocks. We have the young men that can operate in a small space. Good observation from where I sit. sflanagan21 has a good post just before your post, probably have read it. Spent the entire game talking to some folks with me about Blazevich. Real deal.

Picked the paragraph below from the Red&Black. Seems to fit into what is being said on this board, eh . . . .

Quarterbacks and tight ends teamed up for a drill designed to help the tight ends practice coming out of their blocking stance and running a route. It appeared that freshman Jeb Blazevich was getting the second rep in the drill and caught balls from Hutson Mason. H-back Quayvon Hicks struggled in the drill, dropping his pass from Brice Ramsey and then slowly walking back to the line.

Don't know how "slow walking" is handled on the offensive side, know what would happen on the defensive side.

If we are to build a winning football team, there has to be structure, at this point it appears that some still want to play "their way". Maybe misreading or having an opinion as to the reason, do however stick by what is being said about Blazevich.

Another interesting development was Ramsey passing to Quayvon Hicks. Taking snaps with those that will see the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62940 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Buc, Blazevich is a player and is only going to get better.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds