Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62897 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
I guess that post #33 was pointed at me and I totally agree. I was yelling about Mason lining up at WR as well. Also agreed that we should have run TG from the 4 yardline against USC.

Yes our coaches (and probably all coaches) do and will continue to make some dumb calls in our eyes.

Hmmm.....ever thought about how many GOOD calls they have made? You don't put up the kind of offensive numbers they do and not make alot of very good calls imo.

I know...I know...they get paralysis of analysis it seems at the wrong possible times.... :unsure:

I've said it before and will stand by it, our D has been the problem. If they could make 1 or 2 stops a game, those situations wouldn't arise.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62898 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: I guess that post #33 was pointed at me and I totally agree. I was yelling about Mason lining up at WR as well. Also agreed that we should have run TG from the 4 yardline against USC.

Yes our coaches (and probably all coaches) do and will continue to make some dumb calls in our eyes.

Hmmm.....ever thought about how many GOOD calls they have made? You don't put up the kind of offensive numbers they do and not make alot of very good calls imo.

I know...I know...they get paralysis of analysis it seems at the wrong possible times.... :unsure:

I've said it before and will stand by it, our D has been the problem. If they could make 1 or 2 stops a game, those situations wouldn't arise.

and when they make the stop like the INT. that puts us at the 4 yard line and Bobo screws up...I said a long time ago that our problems went a lot deeper than grantham and it is showing...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62899 by wlayton
Hey, you are "cherry picking" plays.....explain all the other passes they completed and drove down our throats to get the lead....ok, our D made one good play and blew 10.

They stop 7 of those 10 completions, we win the game easily.

Can't cherry pick one play the D did make then turn around and blame the whole game on the offense.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62900 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: Hey, you are "cherry picking" plays.....explain all the other passes they completed and drove down our throats to get the lead....ok, our D made one good play and blew 10.

They stop 7 of those 10 completions, we win the game easily.

Can't cherry pick one play the D did make then turn around and blame the whole game on the offense.

bottom line is the D put us in position to win the game and Bobo blew it. Not cherry picking anything. BOBO BLEW IT.....FACT

you talk about one or 2 stops a game well they MADE a play if that is cherry picking then so be it....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62901 by wlayton
Unbelievable...

I'm done....have a good night, I'm going to go do something constructive.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62902 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: I guess that post #33 was pointed at me and I totally agree. I was yelling about Mason lining up at WR as well. Also agreed that we should have run TG from the 4 yardline against USC.

wlayton, had to check post #33 out, I have been chirping a lot, but I will say this to you. Never what was said in that post was pointed at you . . . . unless you somehow think in those terms. I have always shot straight with you and everyone on this board, I know that you know much football.

We are different in maybe the way we approach "certain areas" but that is ok. I can take you back "several years" on this board when you were pretty damn blunt with me. Respect what you have to say, if I question things, it is not personal, it is about areas of Georgia Football that we don't see eye to eye on.

I know that you have a connection to Georgia Football, at one time part of that connection was a coach at Georgia, believe that is right. Have never said to you that he was not the best head coach ever, if I had said he was not, it would be approved by 99% of those that read and post on this board. My time on this Planet Earth has been good to me. If I am a too brash in some of the things that I say, understandable, but from the many emails I get, most like to hear the "other side".

Said this before, say it again. I have tried on several different occasions to get on board with our head coach. Don't hate the man, just know in my heart that Mark Richt is not going to do a lot more than he has done in the previous 13 going on 14 years. Simply trying to figure out what can change in Athens that will bring "all" of the parts together.

Allow me this. I have been around high school and college football in Florida for a long time. Once upon a time there were many that said . . . . Bobby Bowden is released, recruiting at FSU will end up in the trash bucket. Same has been said here, matter of fact you have mentioned that Mark Richt is a very good recruiter. He is . . . . my question is this, what has happened to all of that "talent" that has never been fully utilized in Athens. I would present the situation in Athens right now as a being the same as it has been in the past 13 years going on 14.

Have been on board with Georgia since Wally Butts, my high school coach played football for Wally Butts, how could I not be Red and Black and Silver on occasion. My Uncle was the leader of the Agricultural School, was privy to seats and a lot of things back in the day of Mrs. Whitehead being in charge. Mentioned here more than once that my Grandfather was the engineer on some of those engines that were once visible while in Sanford Stadium, tracks filled with the Larry Munson type of fans.

Will stop, lots of history, but even at my age, I am deeply involved in high school football in the State of Florida. Proud to make that statement. Proud to have McClendon and Pruitt working this state. The defense that you have mentioned being a "bit short" in 2014 is a true statement. My thinking is that McClendon and Pruitt/Rocker and Company will change that . . . . soon.

Yep, I like to talk, along with that being said, I love Georgia Football. Tired of playing second fiddle to other SEC universities when I think I see where the problem is. Will stop there, for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds