Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62845 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Buc, while I do like traditional, pro style offense, I also welcome a change of pace package of plays inserted into the offensive scheme......if we can run it with success.

Also agree that if you are going to run a "wildcat" type play, Bauta should be the QB in the game running it, not Michel. Bauta still keeps the D wondering if he might throw the ball. SM can certainly be incorporated in that scheme but Bauta should run it imo.

I also like they way they are using SM and McK, getting them in space etc....they have definitely expanded the playbook somewhat.

Our bread and butter is pro style but a good mix of "special situation" plays are needed and are working.....(but remember, it was Troy.....man, never seen Troy SO bad)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62847 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Comments also have been made prior to this post about the offensive line.

It was suggested by some of the talking heads that Kublanow is being "watched". That bothers me for this reason. If a referee is going to "watch" a particular player . . . . hope that all will forgive me for this . . . . If I am on the same offensive line, know that a particular ref is watching Kublanow, I am going to hold, and do a lot of what used to be called "leading a player in a certain direction" and getting away with it. That has been a "unwritten" way of "progressing" along that front.

Have to say this . . . . talking heads that never strapped the pads on, don't know "spit". Any offensive lineman knows to use the Kublanow "stuff" to help the team. I said that.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62849 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: Like BAMA.....USC.....UF?....hmmm, put points on them.

Look, most great D's can beat great offenses, we all know that. I'm simply saying our offense isn't the problem ALL the time.

No the O is not the problem all the time just stoopid play calling is the problem.

The Tide exposed UF D yesterday not all that good...just saying a good D can shut this O down even with #3 running the ball...then you have to rely on the pass which ain't going to work this year... we are lucky to be in the East which has some poor D's...Mizzou not to shabby but Aubuurn is a different story

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62854 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Mark Weiszer has anointed Ramsey the QB of the future for UGA...may be good for one year while Eason redshirts, but Eason is the QB of the future for UGA if he holds to his commit which I do believe he will...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62857 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote: Mark Weiszer has anointed Ramsey the QB of the future for UGA...may be good for one year while Eason redshirts, but Eason is the QB of the future for UGA if he holds to his commit which I do believe he will...

I follow closely the folks that have given the quarterbacking job to Ramsey, has been going on even when the Spring Games seemed to point in a different direction. Hope that Ramsey is all that, he wears the Red and Black, pulling for him just like I would anyone quarterbacking our team.

One thing for sure, Richt/Bobo will have at least four or five quarterback hopefuls each year. My question is are all of the young men being given the "same" attention when trying to win the position. I will be watching the outcome of Faton Bauta, just have that gut feeling that he is a gamer, willing to work and I find it laughable that the press down plays his arm strength.

DJ Shockley hung around for a long time . . . . how did that turn out?

Edit: If the position is based on arm strength . . . . who is quarterbacking us now? Arm strength? Arm strength . . . . Joe T, Joe Cox.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62862 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Like BAMA.....USC.....UF?....hmmm, put points on them.

Look, most great D's can beat great offenses, we all know that. I'm simply saying our offense isn't the problem ALL the time.

No the O is not the problem all the time just stoopid play calling is the problem.

The Tide exposed UF D yesterday not all that good...just saying a good D can shut this O down even with #3 running the ball...then you have to rely on the pass which ain't going to work this year... we are lucky to be in the East which has some poor D's...Mizzou not to shabby but Aubuurn is a different story

Mizzou not too shabby?....uh, they lost to Indiana.

Not getting in a p...ing match with you. I think our O is fine, you don't......I think our D secondary is bad and is THE problem.

No coach in the country makes all the right calls, just ask Mr. Saban. I'm not attempting to defend CMR/Bobo on the offensive side but there is such a negative slant towards them that imo the true weakness of the team is being overlooked....

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds