Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #62883 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread

sflanagan21 wrote:

wlayton wrote: Ramsey was a Wing-T QB.....go figure THAT one out.

With a cannon...

Yes, I guess CMR/Bobo saw his arm strength when he threw it 3 times a game... :laugh:

Did Ramsey go up to Athens to some of their camps? He does have a gun for an arm....amazing his HS coach didn't used it more.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62884 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread
sflanagan21, really good post. Think the decision on Faton Bauta will come sooner rather than later. Meaning, he will not sit and watch. Too much talent for that. Some of the people I know and chat with in West Palm Beach and South of there believe Faton will leave.

If Faton Bauta was enrolled at Florida right now, he would start. No doubt, and we would again face the headaches that we faced with Tim Tebow. Exception being, Faton Bauta has an arm. Beginning to believe, others are thinking the same thing, Faton Bauta bought a bill of goods.

One part of your review which really caught my attention sflanagan21 was not having Hutson Mason lining up outside. My thought, a little different than yours, but basically the same, Faton Bauta takes the snap and either Sony Michel or Isaiah McKenzie line up outside. Would scare the heck out of me if I am the defensive coordinator facing that group on the field together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62886 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: sflanagan21, really good post. Think the decision on Faton Bauta will come sooner rather than later. Meaning, he will not sit and watch. Too much talent for that. Some of the people I know and chat with in West Palm Beach and South of there believe Faton will leave.

If Faton Bauta was enrolled at Florida right now, he would start. No doubt, and we would again face the headaches that we faced with Tim Tebow. Exception being, Faton Bauta has an arm. Beginning to believe, others are thinking the same thing, Faton Bauta bought a bill of goods.

One part of your review which really caught my attention sflanagan21 was not having Hutson Mason lining up outside. My thought, a little different than yours, but basically the same, Faton Bauta takes the snap and either Sony Michel or Isaiah McKenzie line up outside. Would scare the heck out of me if I am the defensive coordinator facing that group on the field together.

Touché Buc! I was going to elaborate on my last posting a little more about that package with Bauta, Michel and I Mac and how nerve racking it would be as a DC to know that you could have either of the 3 line up at QB. But I didn't elaborate because I didn't want to start coming up with plays in my head while at work haha. That would be a nasty group right there with so many options! Then the next series we come back and ground and pound you with Gurley, Chubb and Douglas! So many weapons and more options than you can imagine if we just sprinkle in a little here and there! It could make our Offense team so feared!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #62887 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: sflanagan21, really good post. Think the decision on Faton Bauta will come sooner rather than later. Meaning, he will not sit and watch. Too much talent for that. Some of the people I know and chat with in West Palm Beach and South of there believe Faton will leave.

sflanagan21, question . . . . Why would Richt/Bobo line Hutson Mason up like they did? Just who the hell is that going to bother? Like you said in your review, that is asking for some linebacker or defensive back to send Hutson off of the field with no less than a concussion. That however opens the door for a quarterback with a "strong arm" to step in. Buc being cynical, take from that what you want. As ogredawg said again . . . . "stoopid", seems every game we come away with "stoopid" getting "stoopider". D1 coaches making over 3 million dollars a year. Real cute.

More
9 years 6 months ago #62888 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Again another stoopid call with HM on the outside. FB could of called the play and ran it. I thought once again what is Bobo thinking. Anyways doubt you will see the "wild dawg" anymore. This offensive coaching staff is not into "gimmick" type plays very much, if you want to get the ball into the hands of SM or IM run a reverse or put them in the slot.

Again with Ramsey coming in behind HM he is #2 no doubt about it. Me I do not think he is ready just yet, but Bauta sure looked ready to me and IMHO should be #1...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62889 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

sflanagan21 wrote:
I wouldn't anoint Ramsey the next starting QB at UGA just yet! We have 3 very good QB's on our roster in Ramsey, Bauta and Park. All 3 in my opinion have a legitimate shot at the starting job next year, way too early to anoint anyone right now!

That would be true except for the fact that all 3 will not be given a legitimate shot.

I love Bauta, but I don't think he will get that legit shot at it. I think they see him as
a #2 guy that allows them to show some different looks, and nothing more.

sflanagan21 wrote: I think we may have seen the best of Marshall his Freshaman year, he may never be the same again.

Not all knee injuries are the same, and not everyone deals with them the same. When I first saw him this year I immediately became concerned. I didn't see the same burst, and I thought he looked tentative. He may be the same again one day, but I just didn't think he was quite ready to be back.. physically, or mentally.

sflanagan21 wrote: Bummed that JJ Green got ejected, I thought that was a good hit. Sanders looked really good, he has really good instincts.

After finally getting a chance to see the replay, there was helmet to helmet contact even though it was cleary not JJ's intent as he tried to lead with the shoulder. The H to H contact was definitely there though and in this day and age... you're going to get nailed for it, every time.

sflanagan21 wrote: It was a very weak Troy team so it's hard to get overly excited but I personally liked the "wild dawg" with Michel but NOT with Mason split out. I know he was calling the play in the huddle but I wouldn't want our starting QB trying to make blocks, he will get destroyed by a linebacker sooner than later.

My takeaway from this game is that we better protect Mason. I don't think Ramsey is quite ready, and it scares me to death that Richt et al would turn to him before the more ready Bauta. That being said... I was screaming wondering why they had Mason back out on the field... doing THAT, to begin the 2nd half.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds