Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago #62871 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Quarterback list for 2014 Georgia Football.

Faton Bauta = DUAL = Sophomore
Hutson Mason = PRO = Senior
Jacob Park = PRO = Freshman
Brice Ramsey = PRO = Freshman
Sam Vaughn = PRO = Freshman

Relate you the board this story that played out big in Florida when Faton Bauta was being pursued by the Gators. Many Georgia supporters did not want to see Faton Bauta sign on with Florida. Reason, he was said to be the replacement for Tim Tebow. Faton would later sign on with Georgia, being told he would be given a fair shake.

So, anyone that thinks that politics and what ever we want to call it does not happen in college football, has been going on for years.

What does that say for the young man from Florida? Is he simply not good enough at this point and the others supposedly are much better in the PRO STYLE OFFENSE? How do we know that, guess it is because Richt/Bobo say so. I like what AM had to say about Faton Bauta, he is smart, tough, good arm and a football player. There are many in agreement with AM, the same UGA quarterback that went to two different camps to improve as a quarterback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62873 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote:
No the O is not the problem all the time just stoopid play calling is the problem.

My sentiment exactly. Nothing wrong with our O at all. The only thing wrong is the
play calling in crunch time. It's like Bobo and Richt's sphincters tighten up and
choke off the signals sent from their brains during any high leverage situation.

Only thing I wonder is why would a team running a pro set and unwilling to do
much else even recruit a player like Bauta if they have no intention of ever really
giving him the reigns or don't feel he's the right guy for their type of O?

That is the sort of disconnect that happens to often with this regime.

Our D however has been the bigger problem, and still is. I still think Pruitt is the best choice to fix that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62876 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Ramsey was a Wing-T QB.....go figure THAT one out.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62880 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Mason looked like Mason, what ya see is what your going to get, nothing more. Ramsey has good touch and really good arm strength. Bauta is a football player, he wouldn't be sitting all game on my bench, he has too much to offer! Unfortantley I think we may have seen the best of Marshall his Freshaman year, he may never be the same again. Michel is special and we are in for a good show over the next few years. I Mac is no secret anymore, kid was a freak in HS and will be one in college as well. I was VERY happy to see Douglas getting some carries, he is cut from the same mold as Bauta. Both of those kids would be starting at most other SEC teams, that's just my opinion. Chubb showed how much he loves football by padding up, he is our workhorse for the next few years. I'm glad Gurley only played a few minutes, no need to take a chance on hurting our MAN!

Bummed that JJ Green got ejected, I thought that was a good hit. Sanders looked really good, he has really good instincts. Parrish also looked pretty good and very quick. Terry may have earned some playing time, I hope so because he could probably be contributing on the O right now! It's pretty obvious that Bellamy has a lot to offer and will make a big difference. Jenkins and Carter both played very solid. I thought our front 7 played very fast and aggressive!

It was a very weak Troy team so it's hard to get overly excited but I personally liked the "wild dawg" with Michel but NOT with Mason split out. I know he was calling the play in the huddle but I wouldn't want our starting QB trying to make blocks, he will get destroyed by a linebacker sooner than later. They have been working on that package for a while now, that's what I was referring to before the SC game. I think they wanted to run it against SC but I'm guessing the time just never came up. I'm pretty sure we will see more of the "wild dawg" if the timing presents it's self favorable. If it were me I would use Bauta in Masons role in that package from here out.

I wouldn't anoint Ramsey the next starting QB at UGA just yet! We have 3 very good QB's on our roster in Ramsey, Bauta and Park. All 3 in my opinion have a legitimate shot at the starting job next year, way too early to anoint anyone right now! Eason will more than likely be redshirted, especially if all three are still around when he comes in. The good thing about having three very good QB's is the competition will be very high next spring! I'm going to go out on the limb and say that Bauta will transfer if he doesn't win the starting job next year or if they don't use him in some sort of package. He will NOT be content sitting on the bench and watching!

GO DAWGS

More
9 years 7 months ago #62881 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: Ramsey was a Wing-T QB.....go figure THAT one out.

With a cannon...

More
9 years 7 months ago #62882 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote:

ogredawg wrote:
No the O is not the problem all the time just stoopid play calling is the problem.

My sentiment exactly. Nothing wrong with our O at all. The only thing wrong is the
play calling in crunch time. It's like Bobo and Richt's sphincters tighten up and
choke off the signals sent from their brains during any high leverage situation.

Only thing I wonder is why would a team running a pro set and unwilling to do
much else even recruit a player like Bauta if they have no intention of ever really
giving him the reigns or don't feel he's the right guy for their type of O?

That is the sort of disconnect that happens to often with this regime.

Our D however has been the bigger problem, and still is. I still think Pruitt is the best choice to fix that.

I would say that you and ogredawg are spot on about the offensive play calling. Just to prove a point, might be a good time for me to post some of the play calling from the past. This type of play calling and player recruiting did not start with the South Carolina game.

On the defensive side, I would add this. Check the defensive coaching additions that have been made since our latest/last head coach arrived. One would think that he could recognize and upgrade on the "other" side of the ball. I do remember that "several" top coordinators refused to take the position in Athens. This weekend we get to watch one of Richt's original appointments as the defensive coordinator, now coaching the defensive backs for Tennessee, last I heard. Not a single D1 university has asked Willie Martinez to take over the position of defensive coordinator. It should not be the Bobby Bowden way of selecting coaches, does not work. Family and friends don't always make for a good choice.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds