Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62892 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Allow me this. After Faton Bauta had scored, anyone notice the first offensive lineman on the sideline to "chest bump" with Faton . . . . David Andrews. That my fellow board members is what I call making a "statement". Faton Bauta is no different than David Andrews and the other folks on that offensive line, he will get in the "dirt" and play.

Another thing. One of the story lines being carried by those that promote "certain players" had much to say about Theus and his closeness to Ramsey. Theus needs to understand that "offsides" get penalized in college football. ABH has the article, written by someone that never had a helmet on in his life.

So much talent . . . . so much "stoopidity" surrounding the talent. Hutson Mason lining up on the outside, those that want to "protect" our coaches on the offensive side, speak to that. Speak to the calls in the South Carolina game after the interception. Prior to the interception, a passable grade was there, and then . . . . fill in the blank. One or two plays often leave many of us asking "why".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62893 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

sflanagan21 wrote: Bauta is more than ready! He would bring a dynamic to our team that we are missing right now and that is "leadership" from the QB position. Along with his skill set of course!

I don't know if Bauta is ready or not. That's a pretty bold statement to make based on a handful of snaps against Troy, and not seeing him on the practice field every day. I'm not directing this
comment to you, but we fans often think we know more than people who see these players in every moment of practice.

That being said.... I don't know if he is ready or not, but I do know he seems more ready than
Ramsey. With my comment though I wasn't seeking to say he wasn't ready, just that our coaches
aren't ready for him!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62895 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Bauta is more than ready! He would bring a dynamic to our team that we are missing right now and that is "leadership" from the QB position. Along with his skill set of course!

I don't know if Bauta is ready or not. That's a pretty bold statement to make based on a handful of snaps against Troy, and not seeing him on the practice field every day. I'm not directing this
comment to you, but we fans often think we know more than people who see these players in every moment of practice.

That being said.... I don't know if he is ready or not, but I do know he seems more ready than
Ramsey. With my comment though I wasn't seeking to say he wasn't ready, just that our coaches
aren't ready for him!

AM said last year that FB knew the playbook backwards and fowards...I will take AM's word over anyone on the current coaching staff because "knowing" the playbook is 75% ready so being a redshirt (3rd Year) in the system IMHO he is ready to play NOW...as #1...brings more to the position than HM and that is what we need right now...if HM goes down (and I hope he does not) you will see Ramsey...before you see Bauta

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62896 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote:

aren't ready for him!

Seems to me that the two of you (sflanagan21 and Wartdawg) bring a lot to the table. Hope Steve will allow this . . . . you two don't talk out of your backside. Changed the last word. Football strength of this board gets better with age . . . . know a little bit about age. :)

Would add this . . . . Hutson Mason did not have a lot of snaps prior to the AM injury, he however did settle in quickly and was allowed to use his previous four years of film study and coaching to some degree.

Ever wonder why Hutson Mason was elevated to the starting quarterback position with that "noodle arm" that the press seems to think he has. You know, the beat writers that are "all knowing" about American Football.

Seems to me too often our coaching staff is not understanding preparing talent to step in and become a positive force. Mentioned in another post that Joe Tereshinski and Joe Cox were given the ball and we know how that worked out. Not blaming the players, guess I am still guessing just what is being done in Athens not to have the "rifle arms" that our offensive coaches want. Correct me if I am wrong, all quarterbacks mentioned were recruited by Richt/Bobo. Could that be the answer? Hutson Mason flanked outside . . . . wow just wow!

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62897 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
I guess that post #33 was pointed at me and I totally agree. I was yelling about Mason lining up at WR as well. Also agreed that we should have run TG from the 4 yardline against USC.

Yes our coaches (and probably all coaches) do and will continue to make some dumb calls in our eyes.

Hmmm.....ever thought about how many GOOD calls they have made? You don't put up the kind of offensive numbers they do and not make alot of very good calls imo.

I know...I know...they get paralysis of analysis it seems at the wrong possible times.... :unsure:

I've said it before and will stand by it, our D has been the problem. If they could make 1 or 2 stops a game, those situations wouldn't arise.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62898 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: I guess that post #33 was pointed at me and I totally agree. I was yelling about Mason lining up at WR as well. Also agreed that we should have run TG from the 4 yardline against USC.

Yes our coaches (and probably all coaches) do and will continue to make some dumb calls in our eyes.

Hmmm.....ever thought about how many GOOD calls they have made? You don't put up the kind of offensive numbers they do and not make alot of very good calls imo.

I know...I know...they get paralysis of analysis it seems at the wrong possible times.... :unsure:

I've said it before and will stand by it, our D has been the problem. If they could make 1 or 2 stops a game, those situations wouldn't arise.

and when they make the stop like the INT. that puts us at the 4 yard line and Bobo screws up...I said a long time ago that our problems went a lot deeper than grantham and it is showing...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds