Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 2 months ago #59309 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Buc, one big thing I noticed in that article was about losing weight and playing much faster. Immediately I remember just how fast FSU's D was last year....VERY FAST to the ball.

I like that alot.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #59311 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote: Buc, one big thing I noticed in that article was about losing weight and playing much faster. Immediately I remember just how fast FSU's D was last year....VERY FAST to the ball.

I like that alot.

wlayton, trying to stay close to what is going on with our recruiting. You are spot on. Pruitt and his group are definitely designing our defense to "haul butt". Guess it could be compared to Cassius Clay at one time then became Ali. Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Sonny Liston found out twice that the "game had changed".

That is one thing that has me wondering about Theus at left tackle.

Appears to me that he "game plan" is in place. Pruitt did say that the young men were carrying a little too much weight. Another reason to have a solid 4 man front against some of the teams like Auburn, and those that seem to be converting to that style of play. 2015 recruits will give us a much better picture of Pruitt's way of doing things.

With you, I like the speed factor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 2 months ago #59312 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
With you Buc.....speed kills.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 2 months ago #59314 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote: Don't you think that most of the positions are more solidified on the offensive side of the ball though?

Gurley, the WR's/TE and most of the OL....they will be rotating alot as well. The D side of the ball does seem more up in the air to me. "Hopefully" that is what was meant with that statement.

Yes, and that is why I pointed out I jump to the negative side any time I hear MR speak, and that it
is probably unfair.

I am sure that the O side of the ball is more solidified, and the D isn't. MR's comment insinuating that was probably his intent, but I don't give him the benefit of any doubt.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 2 months ago #59320 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic So what is it going to be
Open up the QB position and let the cream rise to the top, competition is a good thing...I have said this before and I really hope HM makes me eat my words but I see another Joe Cox fellows! I have nightmares of HM laying on his back...
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 2 months ago #59321 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

sflanagan21 wrote: Open up the QB position and let the cream rise to the top, competition is a good thing...I have said this before and I really hope HM makes me eat my words but I see another Joe Cox fellows! I have nightmares of HM laying on his back...

Some of the beat writers, not all, getting some inside information on the quarterback position. Most of those that post their thoughts or what they know say Hutson is the quarterback. Head coach and offensive coordinator have said same.

If Hutson Mason is that far ahead of the others, does not surprise me that it sometimes takes a long period of time to put a plan together in Athens.

Do I think that Faton Bauta lacks an understanding of the Mike Bobo system? If that is the case, then our offensive coaches are guilty of the same things that we despised our deposed defensive coordinator for. Players lack of understanding.

Football is a game, much of the game is played on the sidelines, not on the field. It is controlled by those that call the plays. Maybe they don't understand? Just saying. As has been said here more times than any of us can count.

AM was so far ahead of everyone that he knew exactly what he was looking at. What he did and the way he did it started way before he arrived in Athens. Have said on this board before. When AM was injured in high school, Plant to be exact, he was in the booth helping with the play calling. Upon his arrival in Athens, he did it "their way" for a while, but anyone that watched AM knows he took over the offense. Coach on and off the field. I said that.

Don't know if and when we will get another AM, but with the approach that I see being used in Athens, simply does not add up to me. Could be wrong on who I think has a chance to produce more for us, but how are we to know if they don't get playing time? Reasonable question, me thinks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds