Forum

Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80980 by Buc
SouthernDawg, realize most on this board follow anything to do with UGA Football closely. Trying to parallel what you said above about Coach Pittman's reasoning (maybe) for coaching in Athens. Think that our new offensive line coach is in a similar situation. Coach Luke looked and took no down time in accepting the job in Athens. Speaks well, to me . . . . Luke did not let any grass grown beneath his feet. Tells me that he sees the same "opportunities" in Athens that Sam did. Seems myself and some others on this board always find our way back to saying . . . . Talent in Athens . . . . Thus far Coach Luke seems to fit into the "mold" quite well. New in Athens, but . . . . from everything I read about not missing a beat recruiting, Luke was an excellent hire.

Don't have time to play word games concerning Coley. Man came, tried and now it is time to move on. FANS can say a lot of things about changes in a program, to that I say, go for it. My main concern now is this group of coaches coming together.

Our record in winning National Championships is less than desirable. Know some universities have yet to win "one". We did not start to get our "act together" in my opinion until we hired Jeremy Pruitt. What he did while in Athens changed "decades" of "the same old thing (stuff)". Damn sure going to say this . . . . Kirby take care of the area you know best, let others do "their thing". To answer a statement made above by a member . . . .Coach Monken coached at a lot of schools for this reason . . . . He has what they wanted. Now he is in Athens . . . .why? Because we have what he wants. TALENT. Maybe this time the TALENT will be used to its maximum. Has not been that way in Athens for decades. Has often been said the TALENT in Athens since the year 2000 should have won a National Championship. Did not happen for a reason . . . . coaching. Simple reason for many years on this board have ended with this . . . .

Coach'em Up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80985 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Honest question here folks....

We all love Kirby, but how long do you give him with all of this "talent"?

Say what we will about other coaches, but we've been "close" before.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago #80986 by Buc
Wartdawg, this is what I want to believe . . . .

Kirby recognized that FANS would be asking the same question that you asked. While we are not capable of running the operation, day to day, many on this board and others do understand football.

I firmly believe that Kirby Smart recognized the same thing that Nick Saban did when he "opened up" his offense. Nick did that through hires, same appears to be happening with Kirby. Program now has it's feet firmly planted on the ground, the foundation has been built to last a lifetime, so to speak.

Smart has cast the mold through recruiting and winning a high percentage of games since his arrival, anything less that participating in the Final "Group" of playoff teams will not last too long. There is enough talent in Athens now, and it appears for a long while to come to expect nothing less than playing for the National Championship.

Say again and I am repeating yd1, Kirby ain't a fool . . . . paraphrased.

Having looked over our 2020 Schedule, I fully expect to win the East and play for the Natty, or be in that group.

What about you? Referring to "time".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80987 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Honestly..... to many variables

Injuries.....academics......suspensions.... multitude of things

Beyond his or anybody’s control

Not excuses...just reality..

We and he will know when it’s time to move on..

Wart what is acceptable in your mind ?? Win a Natty back to back

Or one every four years.... no more boneheaded losses...

However...upsets happen in every sport.....

Kirby isn’t going to cling or hang around if he can’t or doesn’t

Produce.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 3 months ago #80990 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Well I am not a fool, so I don't have any specific number... one every four years.. back to back.. nothing specific.

Just when we do get the chance.. when we have it in the bag, don't flippin blow it.

When you have a once in a century defense... don't
blow it because you oops, forgot to recruit wide receivers or ran an unimaginative, predictable, beat your head against the same wall offense.

I have been very fair in the time I gave the program, but all the excuses are over. I get it that a lot
of folk are still in the romance stage with Kirby and while I am far, far from the breakup stage... I am not going to sit here and speak of anything other than facts and results. No conjecture about things I don't know anything about.. no saying I know Kirby is doing this and that and claiming it as fact.. nothing but actual tangible facts and results.

Does that mean I expect 13-0 every season?
Does that mean I have a set number of Nattys I think we should win every decade?

No it doesn't.

I know some things I have said recently are not popular, but I'm not commenting for "likes".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80995 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
How long before Dabo won a natty in the much easier ACC? Asking for a friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds