Forum

Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?

4 years 3 months ago #80919 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
I knew that Wart.... our frustrations go back even further

No easy our guaranteed answers.....

Hopefully..we all will get to see us get over the hump...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80920 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Two people I believe will be very happy with Monken the new OC:

1. James Cook
2. Darnell Washington

Seeing how TM is known for his "Air Raid" philosophy, I'm hereby anointing the UGA offense next year as "THE DAWG-RAID" offense:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80921 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
His last stint in college he ran a ton of spread often with no TE in the game. While OC at
Tampa OJ Howard averaged just a little over 2 receptions a game.

It will really be interesting to see how he incorporates the TE into his philosophy here.

It'll also be interesting to see his offense once it gets squeezed through the Kirby filter.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80922 by Buc
Sign of the times . . . . Lane Kiffin, Mike Leach now head coaches in the SEC. Little doubt that both are believers in putting the ball in the air. The offense that LSU ran in 2019 is much the same offense that our new offensive coordinator will install in Athens. Air Raid, AirCoryell, call it whatever, there will be a spread offense that will throw the football on first, not just one or two games, often. Kirby Smart witnessed what Saban did in recent years, also sees what Ole Miss and Miss State are up to. Our defense practicing against the Todd Monken offense will make us a much better team.

Howard had some bruises that point to fewer receptions and time on the field. Cameron Brate has played well. 2019 numbers, but he had numbers like this before 2019.

www.buccaneers.com/team/players-roster/cameron-brate/

www.nfl.com/player/cameronbrate/2550656/careerstats

2016 Monken was hired by Tampa Bay. Tight end play 2016 until Ariens was hired reflect his tight end play calling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80924 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Our transfer and recruited TE’s maybe more of a hybrid...both

Are big and can run extremely well for their size..

And linebackers can’t cover... screaming to act as

Security check downs ....

Statement...pick your poison....has added meaning....imho in our offense...

Ponder this.... just like recruits communicate. .... assistant coaches

Do the same ...if Kirby rules with a tight hand we will be back

To recruiting lower tier players and coaches.. this move has

Been in the works since December 7th.... Todd has many

Conversations with HC and others on staff.... no odd sock

Or inflated egos.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 3 months ago #80925 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Yes, I hope he utilizes TE's while in spread formations as you can generate serious size mismatches if the D goes into dime coverage. If they leave that LB on the field then there can be coverage issues. I just hope that is the plan and that our TE's do fit the necessary mold to pull it off.

While at Cleveland, Chubb was still a league top producer so the run was still huge, but Kitchens was the one calling the plays there.

I wonder what "the plan" would have been had Kitchens not been fired and Monken not been released.

I hope we do see a real philosophy change, and not just a change to excite the fan base that gets throttled down when it gets stuffed into the Kirby sausage grinder.

By change, I don't mean I want to see UGA become pass happy. I've never wanted that at all. I've just wanted more imagination in play design, and unpredictability in play calling. That, and an ability to adjust quickly if the D goes all in to make you one dimensional. We've got to be able to make them pay when that happens and play us honest. Then the unpredictability and ability to execute that unpredictability and balance will enable us to still run.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds