Forum

Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?

4 years 2 months ago #80932 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
I'm also not too keen on Brian Herrien out there playing in the Collegiate Bowl tonight but didn't want to suit up for the Sugar...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #80933 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Brian had other issues that kept him from traveling to

New Orleans... total of 18 players didn’t make the trip because of a

Various reasons..still haven’t heard who failed drug tests..

We know it wasn’t Cook...

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #80934 by Buc
Never hurts to look a little deeper into a players football background. Jamie Newman will have zero problems with whatever formation Todd Monken chooses to run during a game. Film below shows Jamie in high school working from different formations. One very noticeable thing about Newman's willingness to put the ball in the air . . . . more than willing to play 50/50 ball with his receivers. George Pickens is going to love having Jamie at the quarterback position. Todd Monken loves to put the ball in the air, Jamie Newman, same can be said. Pickens remains healthy he is a high first round draft choice by the NFL. Good hire Kirby, leave the offense alone, keep doing your fine work on the defensive side of the ball. Sounds like a game plan to me.

www.hudl.com/video/3/1591167/5721b629b019261f80ace392
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 2 months ago #80935 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
Spot on Buc.... mentor of mine many years ago..

Lead.....follow....or get the hell out off the way....

Successful managers/leaders at times...will do all three ....hopefully and again cautious optimism...

The seasoning of Kirby has taught him.....hire good qualified people

Then step aside and let them do what you hired them for...

Yup...going to be one of the most if not the most interesting

Off seasons..in awhile for Dawg fans....

Sidebar..... NSD coming up .....all this ...just might have

Some favorable surprises in recruiting....hmmmmm

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 2 months ago #80936 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
I saw some QB rankings that put Newman right behind Fromm this year, so I'm not concerned about him stepping in. I just don't want some of his attributes to be neutered by the head coaches conservatism.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 2 months ago #80937 by Buc
One thing for sure . . . . too much talent in Athens for the wheels to fall off. Have to believe that Kirby Smart stepped up the head coaching ladder at least one step, maybe more. Depends on the outcome of the 2020 Season.

Do not believe that Coach Monken took the coordinator's job without a serious sit down with Coach Smart. Do not know when the message went out to hire "another" offensive coordinator, do believe that was occurring before the media or FANS had any idea that Todd Monken would accept the Athens offer. Believe that Kirby handled the hiring in a professional way, dotting i's and crossing t's before the results were released.

With the hiring of Todd Monken, have to believe that Kirby was feeling some heat. Little doubt that most UGA FANS approved the hiring of Kirby Smart, but, UGA FANS have gotten to the point that show me is a better method than telling me.

If Todd Monken can't raise the point levels on offense, then we are permanently snake bit. Almost like someone has stuck a pin in the Red and Black doll.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds