Forum

Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?

4 years 3 months ago #80910 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?

sadlerdawg wrote: I'm still in agreement with wart, I'll believe it when I see it, but it does appear that Kirby has gotten the message that the offense needs minds other than his to run more efficiently (not meant to be ugly, as Buc would say)

I hope he has gotten the message, but it pains me that message didn't come through during the Fromm era.

I've been tough on this subject, but I've heard it all before... only the names involved changed including when Coley took over for Chaney. At some point one stops listening to words and waits for action and results.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80913 by Buc
Wart, I look at LSU and UGA and there have been a lot of seasons that both teams ran parallel to each other . . . . my opinion. Might be this is the kick in the butt that moves us off center. One thing is certain, "changes are being made" in Athens. Many of us went through the years prior to Kirby Smart and change was a word that somehow never reached its full intent. Remembering sadlerdawg was all over Mike Bobo, and he was right. The change that occurred after Bobo left had many folks being riled. At that point did not seem that many of the top ranked coaches looking for work wanted to lite in Athens. This was a "bold" move by Kirby and all of us know that Kirby Smart hires and fires. As it should be. If Smart and Company on the defense can continue to do their excellent work, maybe this new addition to the coaching ranks will make "news" in the SEC . . . . and beyond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80914 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
ESPN's Mark Schlabach reports that Monken will be the new Offensive Coordinator and play caller.

Hot damn!!

How bout' them apples? Very glad to see the change made. It needed to happen.

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id...ffensive-coordinator
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80916 by Buc
Shannon, good early get. Guess this means that Todd Monken will hold the title of offensive coordinator? Expect to see Coach Coley back with the tight ends and receivers. Lots of moving the pieces around for now, we will know soon enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BulldogShannon, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80917 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?
And the choir sang.... I believe it when I see it ...

Will we still run the ball you bet...

Will we ..pass when the defense thinks we will run.you bet

Teams will stack the box less....more than likely

Will we see more use of the TE catching the ball.. definitely....

Will we see more use of the Black jersey....not likely

Should we proceed with guarded optimism....absolutely..

While being disappointed it didn’t happen winning a Natty with Jake

One could and should feel the same about Arron Murray..

We are not alone when it comes to frustration and disappointment

Hopefully we have learned not to wait as long before making changes..

Time will judge ..how effective those changes were..

Ponder On.... and Go Dawgs..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago #80918 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Monken new offensive coach hire for UGA?

yankeedawg1 wrote: While being disappointed it didn’t happen winning a Natty with Jake

One could and should feel the same about Arron Murray...

and I do feel that way.

With the talent we've had... the quality of recruits, the overall quality of the program.. the number of players we put into the NFL, etc... It's ludicrous that we continue to fall short year after year after year; always finding a way to not get over that hump.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds