Forum

Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #76782 by Wartdawg

LimeyDawg wrote: You guys and your "if-it-isnt-perfect-it-isnt-Georgia"vibe. Jesus-H...
Fromm came on and stole the show. Stepped up as a Freshman...A F-R-E-S-H-M-A-N, and took the reins to drive the stagecoach home, and here we're lamenting his mistakes and how his passes weren't perfect and how he forced some things...
Really?
The kid stepped up on a level that few would have been able to handle given his experience and got the job done. He will be great for Georgia, but to expect refinement and play sans mistakes from a first year guy echoes a level of cognitive dissonance I don't even want to touch at this point.
Now, I DO agree that, should he be ready, Eason will start next week. Yes, this IS the way college ball works. Anyone remember the Joe T debacle? But I'm buying a ticket on the Jake Fromm train because the kid has something that's been missing from Georgia QB play in quite some time. Will he screw up? He'll yes. I hope so, because you can only learn certain things certain ways. But THIS kid is going to get press in a very short order, and it'll be the kind of press that Georgia needs. Jake Fromm is the guy. But, if Jacob Eason wants to prove me wrong, I'm willing to watch that battle develop, because it can only be good for this program.

I'm not worried about Fromm.

I'm worried about our O-line still being a middling work in progress yet again, and our 2 page playbook.

Seems to me you are throwing out this "you guyS" thing when I've seen exactly ONE guy who has commented and shown concern about Fromm.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #76783 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
Where is Buc?

I was hoping to read some of his insightful commentary on the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago #76784 by Buc
Don’t want to get too far off course with this thread, has been good reading to this point.

Allow me this . . . .

Never been a huge supporter of Thomas Hawley Turbeville. Calling the game Saturday in my opinion was far and away the most precise commentary I have “maybe” ever heard from a TV commentator. Turbeville was calling the game from a standpoint of understanding the “game”. Hope that we get more of Turbeville in the future, not some of the same that I have watched for too many years to mention.

If I were rating sportscasters the same way high school football players are rated, Thomas Hawley Turbeville is a 5 Star in my book.

Many comments being made here have been much better and more accurate, again, in my opinion than many of the blogs that I have read and visited since the game Saturday. Much more to be discussed, hoping to continue to read the back and forths that I feel sure will be posted on Dawgs.com.

Will say this . . . . 5 kickoffs in or out of the endzone. Wow.

Have said this more than once . . . . Notre Dame is a must win, we have some tough games ahead on our schedule.

Coach’em Up, the talent in Athens is considerable . . . . again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
6 years 6 months ago #76785 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
Ahh, you're correct. A little early in the season for pithiness, even from me. You are absolutely correct about the olive concerns. CKS can't be oblivious to this, and I hope it's worked on this week.
Still, with that said, I feel a change in the team as a whole this year. They look better all round. JF will have more plays in his arsenal against ND. Oline, likely, makes or breaks us this week.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago #76786 by Wartdawg
I am not worried about Fromm any more than I would be worried about the QB anyway, because Eason looked no different than he did last year... albeit in limited action.

Yeah sure Fromm is bound to make some Frosh mistakes against quality opponents, but he looked more self-assured and decisive than Eason. Plus he adds a mobility element IF THEY LET HIM utilize it.

I still think our OC is a joke, but the game wont come down to him or not having Eason at the helm.

It will come down to our lines being able to control and move their lines.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 6 months ago #76787 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
I have heard over and over the OL needs to give Eason more time. Eason's slowness is what has bothered me.
3 seconds given to Eason is 3 seconds given to the opponent.

IMO Fromm makes quick decisions and has the play underway before the D can figure it out. Yep. The OL seemed to know the game changed when Fromm stepped in.

Yep, maybe Eason will step up his game speed a little. Good. And maybe Fromm will make some amateur mistakes. Oh well.

The main thing is I don't want to see any experiments. I want the job done and a W.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LimeyDawg, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds