Forum

Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs

6 years 7 months ago #76770 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
This is a pickle we're in right now. Conventional wisdom says stay with Eason because he has one full season under this belt and is seasoned to SEC defensive speed, and he also has the full playbook intact. The reality is also that Eason, in the few snaps he took, looked like a mirror reflection of his problems from last season. While it was a small sample from which to draw that conclusion before he left the game, Eason just looked disoriented out there, his passes were over or behind his receivers, and the team looked flat. Fromm on the other hand came in and looked in command right out of the gate and the whole feel of the game changed with him in there. My money is on CKS not benching Eason for Fromm; it's the safe money bet - basic strategy football. Can't say there isn't justified reason to give Fromm the nod, but I doubt it happens just yet. However, I do think Fromm's performance just put Eason on notice that he has an expiration date if things don't improve. And we could be talking mere quarters, not games in a expiry time.

If Eason is out more than a week and Fromm goes up to South Bend lights out and destroys worlds, then Fromm is going to be a tough one to bench. This isn't a QB controversy, it would be is QB dilemma at that point.

D looked much improved, much faster off the snap and were making solid contacts on the tackles. I would have liked to have seen a shut out, but I'll take the 31-10 game. Got the W, convincingly. That's what matters.

O-Line still isn't getting the push. Lots to work on this week.

An interesting way to start the season off, and always good to get the W and ring the bell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #76771 by Wartdawg
Looked like the UGA football I've become accustomed to...

O-Line looks middling at best, despite all the hype of big bad Coach Pittman.

That's all I care to add.

Good luck to the boys next week.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, growl

More
6 years 7 months ago #76772 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
Anyone remember last year against Nicholls State? Man, we stunk it up. App State is a better program and this game was supposed to be competitive, but it was essentially a walk over once Jake Fromm took over. Could have easily hung 50 on them.
O line is still a work in progress, but D played lights out. Offensively, we have lots of weapons and if that line can gel, the season will be a good one.
I hope Eason is back next week if only for the fact that we now know we have a guy in Jake Fromm, and if Eason doesn't use JFs performance as inspiration, he'll be watching from the sidelines. I think we're good at QB right now except when Ramsey decides to throw. That should never happen again.
Never.
I said never.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
6 years 7 months ago #76773 by Wartdawg
Our O-Line has been a work in progress for 20 years.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
6 years 7 months ago #76774 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
I know...I was telling one of my friends last night I don't understand how we've had like 5 or 6 different line coaches and some of the biggest lines in all of football, college and pro, and they're still the biggest bunch of daisies on the field...doesn't pride kick in at some point??? :unsure:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 7 months ago #76775 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
"Fromm on the other hand came in and looked in command right out of the gate and the whole feel of the game changed with him in there. " SouthernDawg

I saw a scrappy determined QB in Fromm. IMO College football style.

CKS needs to analyze that style. Coach 'em up but don't over coach.

I want to see more Fromm.

Next week, new game and not a soft one this time.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds