Forum

Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #76776 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs

stevedawg wrote: I want to see more Fromm.

You will. And this week to be certain. No way does Eason limp into that game as a starter with a severely sprained knee (if that's all it is).

CKS cannot be oblivious to what Fromm brings to the table, and in fact, hearing CKS's presser after the game, he almost sounded like a man who knew it was a foregone conclusion that at some point this season, Fromm would get his chance to outshine Eason and take the job.

Kirby Smart wrote: “He did exactly what I thought Jake Fromm would do,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said following the Bulldogs 31-10 win over Appalachian State. “There’s not been a moment that was too big for Jake Fromm since he was a little kid. He’s always been that way.”

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), Eason returning from injury and retaining his starting role is how football works except in rare, rare cases. I don't think this case is going to be one of those rare exceptions.

Like I said previously, if Fromm goes up to South Bend and becomes a one man Sportscenter highlight reel, the plot really thickens.

I've been hearing/reading chatter this morning saying that there's no way CKS can bench Eason for Fromm because of the one year under Eason's belt, etc. blah blah blah. Well, here's the dealio: Eason isn't leading the offense the way a 5 star all-everything, lets-wipe-the-tears-from-our-eyes-at-how-amazing-this-high-school-phenom-is type of QB. He looks uncomfortable out there, he looks disoriented, he holds the ball too long, and he folds like a cheap tin can if he's forced out of the pocket. He doesn't establish a game tempo or a command of it. And for all the talk about how he knows Chaney's playbook, I've been saying since last year that Chaney's playbook looks to be about a page and a half long so I don't know how hard that playbook would be for Fromm to learn and learn well.

Unless I'm totally out in left field, Eason keeps the job, but he'll determine how long he keeps it by his play. That dawg is now on a short leash.

Next week should be very interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, LimeyDawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #76777 by ogredawg
If Fromm starts against ND and continues to throw rainbows he will get picked multiple times. You heard it here first.

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #76778 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
You guys and your "if-it-isnt-perfect-it-isnt-Georgia"vibe. Jesus-H...
Fromm came on and stole the show. Stepped up as a Freshman...A F-R-E-S-H-M-A-N, and took the reins to drive the stagecoach home, and here we're lamenting his mistakes and how his passes weren't perfect and how he forced some things...
Really?
The kid stepped up on a level that few would have been able to handle given his experience and got the job done. He will be great for Georgia, but to expect refinement and play sans mistakes from a first year guy echoes a level of cognitive dissonance I don't even want to touch at this point.
Now, I DO agree that, should he be ready, Eason will start next week. Yes, this IS the way college ball works. Anyone remember the Joe T debacle? But I'm buying a ticket on the Jake Fromm train because the kid has something that's been missing from Georgia QB play in quite some time. Will he screw up? He'll yes. I hope so, because you can only learn certain things certain ways. But THIS kid is going to get press in a very short order, and it'll be the kind of press that Georgia needs. Jake Fromm is the guy. But, if Jacob Eason wants to prove me wrong, I'm willing to watch that battle develop, because it can only be good for this program.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76779 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
I've rewatched the game twice now and both times I was merely watching Fromm and his goods and bad's. One thing that popped out to me is how much more pep the O had as soon as he came in. I'm speculating here but it's almost like the team said, ok here we go this kid has this. Body language can show and tell a lot. Secondly, Fromm showed poise and confidence like a veteran that's been there and done this before. Yea he made some freshman throws, not going to break down his faulty mechanics here, y'all are all football savvy enough to know what he did wrong.

My take away is that Fromm will give us a better shot in the long haul. There is NO doubt that he's going to throw a pick or maybe two against ND BUT I also believe he'll move us down the field enough to get us in the enzone and a win. I'll take that chance any day over what I saw from Eason last season and in the past G game. It's hard to judge Eason's performance in the 2 plus drives he had and it wouldn't be fair to say much more. But honestly he looked the same to me and I'll leave it at that. I've been critiquing Eason way before he stepped onto campus, check my past posts and you'll see that.

The fact is this, Fromm will be our starter against ND Saturday and I think he will be more than prepared to get the DAWGS the W! You heard it here first haha...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, LimeyDawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
6 years 7 months ago #76780 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs
Limey..... absolutely....truth..... Go no further than what in the name of baby Jesus would we

Talking about if our number two was Brick Ramsey....

Several good point have been floated....

Having a Jake play and not redshirt....huge in Justin Field recruitment....and development of a quarterback.....sooner than later.... imho he was going to get quality snaps this year and not redshirt....

Last year Nichcoal State we struggled with freshman QB.....Appy State this year another freshman QB... who took control of the game..... believe Appy to be the better competition...hmmm

Yes... don't write Jacob off too quickly.....

Correct statements about things needing correction...

However, much said about our OL...... how many times was Jake sacked..??

Chubb and Sony made some nice cuts off blocks....in particular the right side....

Adversity..... takes heat and pressure for a lump of coal to become a diamond...

Eight minutes into the season and we had a change of plans..

Five days until act two..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76781 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Game Day: Appalachian State VS Georgia Bulldogs

yankeedawg1 wrote: Limey..... absolutely....truth..... Go no further than what in the name of baby Jesus would we

Talking about if our number two was Brick Ramsey....

Several good point have been floated....

Having a Jake play and not redshirt....huge in Justin Field recruitment....and development of a quarterback.....sooner than later.... imho he was going to get quality snaps this year and not redshirt....

Last year Nichcoal State we struggled with freshman QB.....Appy State this year another freshman QB... who took control of the game..... believe Appy to be the better competition...hmmm

Yes... don't write Jacob off too quickly.....

Correct statements about things needing correction...

However, much said about our OL...... how many times was Jake sacked..??

Chubb and Sony made some nice cuts off blocks....in particular the right side....

Adversity..... takes heat and pressure for a lump of coal to become a diamond...

Eight minutes into the season and we had a change of plans..

Five days until act two..... Go Dawgs

Well said my man!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds