Forum

Walking with my Daughter

16 years 10 months ago #4514 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
\"That's why they play the game\"........think I heard that somewhere.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4516 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Good read dapolla. Enjoyed this a lot.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4519 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
I am kinda worried about the Alabama game, but then, again, those yahoos over there ALWAYS think that Bear Bryant is going to rise up and bring them back to the way they used to be.....Gene Stallings was kinda close, but he liked to cheat too much. Anyway, they seem to think they have the moxie to beat NFL teams over there....even when the talent they have sometimes couldn't beat Hoover High. South Carolina is mediocre at best, but for some reason, whenever we play them, they always act as if they are playing for the SEC title, and they always scare me. I want to beat down Phat Phil the way we did in 03 up there, and we will have to worry about GTs defensive teams more than their offense. The UF game could go either way, but I was impressed that we stayed within a TD last year, even though they were a lot better than we were at that point in the season. Maybe it can be our year to beat them, but if we do, I hope we dont follow a win with a loss in 08, like the loss of 02, which still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Once again, though, we have a young line on both sides of the ball, and we lost a great cover man in Oliver. I still think we are 1 year away, but we are sure to surprise some people.......Like the fans in Lexington or in Nashville who are thinking that we might be easy pickings for them this year.......NOT!! As usual, we are picked to finish behind Tennesee and Florida, and Tennesee is supposed to be playing LSU for the title, which proves that Athlon and Lindy's usually dont know what they are talking about, as in 02 and in 05....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4520 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Even though we are young, I still like our chances. REALLY like our chances in '08. Bunch of talent in old Athens town.

UnderDog, where you been? You and kentdaddy disappear sometimes. So, kentdaddy where are you? We all want to hear what you 2 have to say.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4537 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
I couldnt agree more about Vandy. I'm going to be there to hang the other half a hundred. I didnt bother watching that game, figured it was an easy win. Im in my friends basement shooting pool, and he turns on the tv and i nearly threw up. When that game ended, I locked myself in his bathroom for about an half hour because hes a TEXAS! fan and wouldnt stop laughing. :sick: Great post Dopalla. Hopefully you are right about all those, except the troy one.

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4541 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
UnderDog37 wrote:

The UF game could go either way, but I was impressed that we stayed within a TD last year, even though they were a lot better than we were at that point in the season. Maybe it can be our year to beat them, but if we do, I hope we dont follow a win with a loss in 08, like the loss of 02, which still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh, don't even bring that game up. I didn't sleep for three days after we lost that game. When we beat Florida in '04 I cried. I was teaching at UGA at that point, and gave my kids that Monday off. I seriously think that if we had gone undefeated in 2002, we probably would have gotten left out of the NC game, but with the way we beat down FSU, there may have been a BCS/AP split a year early. That probably would have guaranteed Auburn a shot in 2004, etc, etc and gotten the SEC the respect we deserve a couple of years earlier than we got it (you know...LAST YEAR).

Two things that are sports-related get me literally sick to my stomach. The 2002 Florida game and Game 6 of the 1991 World Series, where Kirby Puckett beat us all by himself. Kirby Puckett. Dammit.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds