Forum

Walking with my Daughter

16 years 11 months ago #4589 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
I am always around, although I dont contribute as much during the 'other' sports seasons. To me there are only 2 seasons.....football season, and recruiting season, lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #4590 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
UnderDog37, just wanted to make sure you were still breathing.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 11 months ago #4591 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Yeha, I'm still above ground.... I like the OSU website.......as it has been sed, it looks as though there are a few on that site who realisticaly know what the SEC is all about....the rest are smoking some of those funny cigarettes. :)

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #4594 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
UnderDog37 wrote:

Yeha, I'm still above ground.... I like the OSU website.......as it has been sed, it looks as though there are a few on that site who realisticaly know what the SEC is all about....the rest are smoking some of those funny cigarettes. :)

Oh, some of the people don't have a clue about football in general. There are actually people wishing for a 2 QB system at OSU, for the starter Bobby Reid (who is a stud) to split time with his back up. There are others who expect Oklahoma State to have \"instant success\" and win a national championship in Gundy's second or third year, like Florida, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, etc.

Oklahoma State's football program has suffered from years of neglect. It most definitely has been the step-sister program in the state. Fan support, financial support, and facilities simply haven't been there to be competitive for more than a year or two, then slip back into mediocrity. However, that culture is changing (long live T. Boone!). People just don't understand that it isn't going to change over night. Oklahoma State has just recruited it's two best back-to-back recruiting classes ever, but they just don't quite understand what it takes to compete with programs who recruit top 10 classes every year. The Pokes are going to have a good year, I expect them to win 7 or 8 games. But they're not quite ready to walk into an SEC East stadium and beat a team that should compete for the East championship.

The 98k will be the second largest crowd OSU has ever played in front of, and they haven't played well on the road the past couple of years.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 11 months ago #4596 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
RxCowboy wrote:

The 98k will be the second largest crowd OSU has ever played in front of, and they haven't played well on the road the past couple of years.

That's something that I really haven't even thought of, but something I'm glad you brought up, RxCowboy. Oklahoma State, Troy, Western Carolina...even Ole Miss, who rarely plays us...they're not used to a big crowd period, especially one rooting against them. Well, maybe Ole Miss is. But they're not going to be used to the Sanford Stadium crowd, and the thing is this: we can get LOUDER.

I was at the 2004 LSU game as a grad student. I remember all week long in the Red & Black the editorial section was filled with letters to the editor and bylined columns begging people to get loud. \"They blew us away in Death Valley last year,\" these opinions stated. \"Let's get LOUD!\" Well, we did. Sanford Stadium was louder than I've ever heard it before or since -- even the game-winner against Colorado wasn't louder...Paul Oliver's interception of Reggie Ball last year may have been close, but these are individual events. LSU '04 was that loud for the ENTIRE GAME. We beat the Tigers 45-16. The next week against Tennessee, we were nowhere close to that loud, even though R&B columnists said \"See? It works! Let's do that EVERY WEEK.\" I think we remember that heartbreaker...we lost 19-14 and Tennessee ended up playing for (and losing, of course) the SEC Championship.

So I believe I'm currently talking to Dawg fans ALL OVER Bulldog nation, a little more than a few of whom will be at the stadium for many of the games.

GET LOUD, NATION!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4598 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
RxDawgboy, still what can scare you (UGA) is the fact that OSU has NOTHING to lose. They should come in and take a bunch of risks which makes them a VERY dangerous team to play. Hopefully the Dawgs will just have way too many athletes for OSU to be able to overcome. I know the UGA '08 team would be too overwhelming.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds