Forum

Walking with my Daughter

16 years 11 months ago #4560 by swamphox
Replied by swamphox on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
dapolla wrote:

UnderDog37 wrote:

The UF game could go either way, but I was impressed that we stayed within a TD last year, even though they were a lot better than we were at that point in the season. Maybe it can be our year to beat them, but if we do, I hope we dont follow a win with a loss in 08, like the loss of 02, which still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh, don't even bring that game up. I didn't sleep for three days after we lost that game. When we beat Florida in '04 I cried. I was teaching at UGA at that point, and gave my kids that Monday off. I seriously think that if we had gone undefeated in 2002, we probably would have gotten left out of the NC game, but with the way we beat down FSU, there may have been a BCS/AP split a year early. That probably would have guaranteed Auburn a shot in 2004, etc, etc and gotten the SEC the respect we deserve a couple of years earlier than we got it (you know...LAST YEAR).

Two things that are sports-related get me literally sick to my stomach. The 2002 Florida game and Game 6 of the 1991 World Series, where Kirby Puckett beat us all by himself. Kirby Puckett. Dammit.

what did u teach at UGa and from when to when?

if u were there in 1998-2002 theres a chance I may've had u

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• swamphox
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #4564 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Hello Gentlemen!

I dislocated my shoulder playing basketball so I was one arming it for awhile. Surgery is next week, but I am back typing.

I see 14-0.

My personal goal every football season is WORLD DOMINATION. I know it rarely works out, but according to a story Bart Starr told me once......Lombardi told the Packers that excellence is the constant pursuit of perfection knowing full well it will never be achieved.

I read some of the post over at the OSU board and some of them are crazy optimists, but most seem to be accepting the beating that is headed their way.

If we just beat the teams in orange we will be fine. The other colors are of no concern. In honor of our battle against the evil orange team I vow todrink no OJ, eat no orange citrus and wear only black on halloween. It is the least I can do to support the battle against the orange horde of evil.

More
16 years 11 months ago #4565 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
kentdaddy, how did you dislocate your shoulder, did somebody undercut you on a rebound and you landed on it? Is it going to be rotator cuff surgery? Man, that's rough but being a true Dawg, you'll be good as new.

I was SOSing you to go after those delirious OSU fans but turned out to be a non-event. NOW if they come on our forum........then be at your best in your attack.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 11 months ago #4567 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
I am ready for any wayward cowboys!

I was running along the baseline for a loose ball and as I reached my left arm out the steal the ball the guy who had lost it grabbed it and pivoted into the court. He is significantly shorter than I am and has a large posterior. His hips essentially cut my legs out from under me and then I landed on my shoulder.

It was even less fun than that discription might imply. My rotator cuff is OK, but I have a torn labrum that will be fixed this week. I will be down from basketball, weightlifting and martial arts for about two months or so.

More
16 years 11 months ago #4568 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
swamphox wrote:

what did u teach at UGa and from when to when?

if u were there in 1998-2002 theres a chance I may've had u

I taught Appreciation of the Dramatic Arts, but not until Spring of 2003. Then in 2004 I started teaching Beginning Dramatic Writing, which I taught there 'till Summer of '05. Looks like we missed each other!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4569 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
kentdaddy wrote:

If we just beat the teams in orange we will be fine. The other colors are of no concern. In honor of our battle against the evil orange team I vow todrink no OJ, eat no orange citrus and wear only black on halloween. It is the least I can do to support the battle against the orange horde of evil.

I agree with you. You know, Dan Magill (I believe) is famous for saying that the week of the Tech game, he won't even eat mustard on his hot dog he hates yellow so much. I like that philosophy!

Welcome back, by the way. Hope the surgery goes well.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds