Forum

Walking with my Daughter

16 years 11 months ago #4609 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Saying OSU played second fiddele to Okla. is like saying as a sprinter William the Fridge Perry played second fiddle to Carl Lewis.

Through 2005 the rivalry (if you can call it that) was 76-16-7 in favor of Oklahoma. I think Tulsa might be second fiddle ahead of OSU.

The Barry Sanders years were great, but other than that they are Ole Miss/Vandy/Kentucky.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #4615 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
kentdaddy wrote:

Saying OSU played second fiddele to Okla. is like saying as a sprinter William the Fridge Perry played second fiddle to Carl Lewis.

Through 2005 the rivalry (if you can call it that) was 76-16-7 in favor of Oklahoma. I think Tulsa might be second fiddle ahead of OSU.

I wasn't talking about the rivalry, I was talking about support, which aren't necessarily the same thing. But, look at the rivalry over the past 12 years and it is much closer. There is still a huge gap in football. But the gap is closer than it's ever been and the mullet-heads and trailer trash don't like it. Just look at there 7 national championships and then look at their 5 probations and you get the picture of OU football. A land thief is always a land thief.

I've lived in a couple of different places around the country, out on the plains, in the upper midwest, and here in the deep south. Bedlam is the fiercest rivalry I've ever seen. Doesn't matter what sport it is... could be tiddly winks... and the week before is \"hate week\" and there will be bad blood and hard fouls on the field. Shoot, the women's golf teams got into a tussle at the Big 12 championships this year. Over 5000 show up for Bedlam soccer. Show me anywhere outside of North Carolina where 5k show up for women's soccer.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 11 months ago #4616 by RxCowboy
wlayton wrote:

RxDawgboy, still what can scare you (UGA) is the fact that OSU has NOTHING to lose. They should come in and take a bunch of risks which makes them a VERY dangerous team to play. Hopefully the Dawgs will just have way too many athletes for OSU to be able to overcome. I know the UGA '08 team would be too overwhelming.

They don't play again in '08, they play in Stillwater in '09. It is going to be the grand opening after the completion of Boone Pickens Stadium. It is going to be a great game. I plan on getting back to Oklahoma to be there.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 11 months ago #4617 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
I know they don't play in '08 just pointing out what the experience difference in the '07 vs '08 teams will be, therefore OSU would have a better chance this year than if they played one year later.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 11 months ago #4626 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Mullet-heads and trailer trash??? Sounds like us talking about that bunch from Gainsville, doesn't it, lol??

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #4632 by RxCowboy
UnderDog37 wrote:

Mullet-heads and trailer trash??? Sounds like us talking about that bunch from Gainsville, doesn't it, lol??

Gainesville ain't got nothing on the mullet-heads in Oklahoma. This is a typical mullet-head, just look closely at the hat...

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/13/national/main1495349.shtml

The original \"sooners\" were people who cheated on the land run of 1889 which opened Oklahoma territory to white settlers. They went across the border under cover of darkness, \"sooner\" than they were supposed to. So, when you hear \"Sooner\" think \"cheater\" and you have it right. Their probation record pretty much says it all.

Dirt burglars, squatters, land thieves, mullet-heads, trailer trash, gooners... all means pretty much the same thing. They're like 'Bama fans, only they're stupid and they lack class.

GATA! Woof!

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds