Forum

Walking with my Daughter

16 years 11 months ago #4491 by dapolla
Walking with my Daughter was created by dapolla
I can't do this with my son anymore, because he's 2 1/2 and can talk and wants to talk about birds and trees and that stick on the ground, so yesterday I took my 11-month-old daughter for a walk in the stroller and previewed the football season with her. Here's what we came up with:

Game 1: Oklahoma State Cowboys
This game has the potential to be exactly like the '05 Boise State game. Don't say you're from a better, more powerful conference, RxDawgboy, because those same Broncos beat the Big 12 Champs last year in the Fiesta Bowl. I think that whoever wins this game (Georgia) has the chance to catapult into a fantastic season. Boise State had essentially the same team in '05 as the one that went undefeated last year, but we smashed them 48-12 and they did not recover. I'm predicting the same score: 48-12, Georgia wins.

Game 2: South Carolina Gamecocks
I'm dry-heaving just thinking about this game. The last time the Cocks came to Athens we won because Blake Mitchell couldn't complete a four-yard pass. However, I think that the off-field problems SCarolina's been having, along with the unexpected departure of Sidney Rice -- Spurrier said he had no idea Sidney was going to declare for the draft -- will put off the threat until we go to Columbia in '08. I think we win this one.

Game 3: Western Carolina Catamounts
Win, win, win.

Game 4: @ Alabama Crimson Tide
Honestly I think we're going to overprepare for this game because it's Alabama. I have a feud going with a local sports radio commentator who refers to himself as \" 'Bama Z\" and says that the Tide is going to murder us in Tuscaloosa this year. I told him I was going to harass him before, during and after that game, and I intend to keep my word. John Parker Wilson won't be able to play that game, as he will have herniated himself trying to carry Stafford's jock. As always, I hope they beat Tennessee, but I think the Tide will Roll Over for us Dawgs.

Game 5: Ole Miss Rebels
Let's be honest, that punt last year was in fact blocked and we should in fact have lost that game. Therefore I want revenge for the loss. Brent Schaeffer probably ought to find a nice hotel to hide in for a week or so. Dawgs win.

Game 6: @ Tennessee Volunteers
Man, oh, man do I want revenge. Most of you were here last year when the Vols invaded this forum. I just want to beat them into the ground. What we've got going against us is Erik Ainge will probably look like a Heisman candidate all year long, and he's got that no-huddle mastered. What we've got going for us is that they dress in orange and they haven't beaten us in Neyland since Tee Martin was their QB.

Game 7: @ Vanderbilt Commodores
REVENGE! Vandy might not even have a football program after this game. I guarantee we hang half a hundred on them, at least. We may score ninety. I took my wife to the Vandy game last year. Nobody talked the whole way home. REVENGE!!!!

Game 8: Florida Gators
Not much to say about this game. It is what it is. What we have going for us is that Tebow's never been a starter in the SEC before, and most of the starters from last year's NC team will be playing on Sundays, not Saturdays. What we have going against us is that it's the bloody Florida game, and I think we may be a year away from being unstoppable.

Game 9: Troy Trojans (HC)
It's a trap. Sandwiched between the Florida game and the Auburn game, plus it's homecoming. I know they're a Sun Belt team, but they're GOOD. They've beaten BCS teams before, and they won the SBC's first ever bowl game last year. I know we can beat them, but there's the possibility of looking past them. I don't want to do that.

Game 10: Auburn Tigers
Their running back is gone. Brandon Cox has on days and off days, and their O-line is suspect. I think this one will be high-scoring like the last one in Athens. I think it goes our way, though, because the recent trend is that one team beats the other twice in a row. Maybe a little 31-30 revenge?

Game 11: Kentucky Wildcats
REVENGE!!! They're in OUR house this year, and we actually have a kicker this time. Then again, they are getting REALLY good. I predicted them to win 8-9 games this year, and I'm not backing down from that. I just hope we're not one of those games. It's senior day, they beat us last year, and it's at Sanford. I think we beat them, but I'm not so sure about the half a hundred I predicted against Vandy.

Game 12: @ Georgia Tech Yellowjackets
You want the truth? I think this is a slaughter. Calvin Johnson is gone, they've got to break in a new quarterback (say what you will about Reggie Ball, but his team was familiar with him after four years) and as long as we contain Teshard Choice we shouldn't have a problem. Plus we should be a much higher-scoring team this year.

Like I said, my daughter can't really talk, but I'm sure she agrees with me on most of that.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4492 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Great post dapolla. Really can't disagree with any of your points. I do think the game with uf needs to be won THIS year for sure because even though I agree with you that we will be unstoppable in '08, uf will be too(they will be loaded as well in '08). As a matter of fact, it could be that whoever wins that game in '08 may just go on to the NC game.

And, actually UK concerns me a little. There QB is really good.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 11 months ago #4501 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
All that be true... BUT... DJ Shockley ain't playin' QB, and Stafford ain't playin' behind that O-line. No matter how much you might want to compare them, these aren't the same two teams that played that night.

I was at that game, BTW.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 11 months ago #4502 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
RxCowboy wrote:

All that be true... BUT... DJ Shockley ain't playin' QB, and Stafford ain't playin' behind that O-line. No matter how much you might want to compare them, these aren't the same two teams that played that night.

I was at that game, BTW.

I'm not going to pretend to have paid enough attention to Oklahoma State the past few years to make a judgment call on how similar OSU is to BSU '05. I'm guessing they're not that similar. Plus I'm guessing that a Big 12 team is not going to be so gosh-awful TINY as BSU was. All I'm saying is that the implications for BOTH teams for that game are huge. I didn't mean to imply that it will be the same game at all.

Just the same score. :evil:

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4505 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
Hey RxDawgboy, I was at that game too and the Dawgs could have beaten BSU with their 3rd team. It was a joke but DO think OSU will be a much tougher game though believe the DAWGS will win handily.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 10 months ago #4512 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Walking with my Daughter
I think the Dawgs will win, too, but I think it will be a close, hard fought game.

GATA! Woof!

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds