Forum

Rematch ??

17 years 5 months ago #2101 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
Yep, i agree

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2107 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Rematch ??

Good post dapolla, but "nobody's close", your previous post also said OSU is "superior" to UM? I agree that OSU is the best team in the country but 3 points isn't "nobody's close" or "superior".

I see your point, and raise you the phrase "Rivalry game." Everyone knows you throw out the records when big rivals play. There's no reason this year's Georgia team should have been close to Florida or beaten Auburn as badly as we did, but it happened because it was a rivalry game. And when you throw in the fact that it's a #1 vs. #2 game, for both the Big Ten Championship and a guaranteed spot in the BCS title game...well, I'm not surprised Michigan scored 39. Nor am I surprised that Ohio State scored 42. Nor will OSU-UM II be a bad game. It'll be a great game, because of the rivalry factor. But OSU will win, because they are far superior to every other team in the country. Not to mention the FIFTY-FIVE days of rest they'll have.

Rivalry games...you gotta love 'em.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #2109 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??
I agree with Dapolla that OSU will beat ANY team they play in the championship game. They put up over 500 yards of offense against Michigan's defense! The OSU QB is just sick!! He's a no brainer lock for the Heisman!

More
17 years 5 months ago #2112 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
I definitely agree with dapolla as well that OSU will beat anybody that they will face in the CG. Troy Smith IS the difference maker in my opinion.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2113 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Rematch ??

I've never been one for rematches but don't you think OSU and UM should play again for the NC ? They are BY FAR the best 2 teams in the country and probably should play again but I'm pretty sure they won't. If I'm OSU, I'm saying "NO WAY, we beat you once and we have nothing to prove etc. BUT, don't they HAVE to play it again ??

OSU-UM is the game of the century so far. The current century started on January 1, 2001 (remember, there's no year 0AD, so 2000 is still part of the 20th century).

More
17 years 5 months ago #2114 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Rematch ??
There shouldn't be a rematch, and Michigan shouldn't still be #2. OSU had a double digit lead against Michigan for most of the 4th qtr. The Buckeyes pretty much gave up a meaningless score and 2 point conversion in order to get the ball back and be able to run the clock out. If there is a rematch of this game, it will show even more that a playoff is sorely needed in our sport. Maybe OSU still wins in a playoff, and maybe they dont. However, the team that LOSES their conference SHOULD NOT get to play for a title. See Oklahoma in 2003. The whole country was in an uproar about them playing for a title whenever they lost their conference championship game, and now some of these same people think it's OK for OSU and Michigan to play for the title? GTF outta here!!

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds