Forum

Rematch ??

17 years 5 months ago #2143 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Rematch ??
Also, I've heard rumors that should ND finish strong, they'll get a BCS bid from the Sugar Bowl. I'd love to see Arkansas take Charlie Weis's boys apart. That'd be beautiful. I think the last time ND went to the Sugar was...er...January 1981? And I think we know how THAT turned out!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2144 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
The last time ND went to the Sugar Bowl was sometime in the mid 90's when Jerome Bettis ran up the middle ALL OVER UF. Also, would love to see ARK drill ND as well. Yes, UnderDog37, the Techsters would get blown right out of the stadium if they played WVU. Question, doesn't the Big East Champion have a tie in with the Sugar? Maybe not, just a BCS bid?

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2145 by wlayton
And doesn't the ACC Champion have ties with the Gator Bowl?

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2146 by wlayton
Oops, got mixed up with the ACC Championship game here at Alltell stadium in Jax., not the actual Gator Bowl.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2152 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Rematch ??
The last time that Notre Dame went to the Sugar Bowl and WON it was Jan 1st, 1992. It is correct that Jerome Bettis had an outstanding game, and ran roughshod over Spurrier's Gators. ND went to the Sugar on jan 1st, 1996 and lost to FSU. ....The ACC Championship game is played in the Gator bowl, but the ACC #2 team usually goes to the Gator Bowl game, lol. That means either GT or whoever beats em, and I dont know who will be playing GT in the ACC title game. Just shows ya how much I keep up with the ACC. I do know that GT would get the crap beat out of em by WVU, though.....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2154 by wlayton
Well, WVU runs all over everyone they play but their defense is very suspect. But if GT can only score 7 on NC, then even WVU's suspect defense could hold GT to 21 while they are scoring 40 plus.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds