Forum

Rematch ??

17 years 5 months ago #2167 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
I have to admit that I tend to always pick the Poweraid bottle versus the Gatoraid bottle when in the store. Actually pretty stupid of me but the "act" of a true Dawg.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2171 by Elvisdawg
Replied by Elvisdawg on topic Re: Rematch ??
Yeah boy, i cant believe the Gators would schedule a powerhouse like Western Carolina, they went to the National Championship game for Division 1-AA back in 1984. Of course they have had only 1 or 2 winning seasons since then , but hey Duke probably wasnt available !!! Florida should have pulled the starters after the first first down and held the score down to 49-0 . Western Carolina this year and bring on Temple ! JUST KIDDING OF COURSE, IN THE SEC YOU BETTER HAVE SOME CANNON FODDER AND WESTERN DEFINITELY QUALIFIES ! The defending NCAA 1-AA National Champion Appalachian State Mountaineers recently had a 12 game winning streak againist them that got broken so if UF wants to schedule them 12 more years in a row they can beat that streak ! GO DAWGS AND SWAT THE JACKETS !

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

More
17 years 5 months ago #2179 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??
Elvisdawg, I agree that it was embarrasing to play Western Carolina. The votors didn't appreciated it either as the Gators slipped one spot in both polls after last week. It is my understanding that it was a last minute scheduling (that just took place earlier in the year) to get to 12 games.
As for the starters they only played two possesions. Starters want to be named, "starters" for every game which I can understand.
All freshman on the roster played in that game so it was not the ruthless attack that you think it was.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2180 by wlayton
I believe UF could have played and won that game with the intramural flag football champion. That way they could have had an open date getting ready for FSU (not that they needed one).

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2192 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Rematch ??
Rant on.

I have been out of town so I am just getting caught up. I would not watch a rematch of these two over rated teams. The Big 2 plus 9 sucks. Michigan has played one good team all year and they lost. They were lucky to be as close as they were and their vaunted defense was treated like one of OJs ex-girlfriends.

The big ten is two teams. It is the same as if Florida and Georgia played with 7 Dukes, one Vandy and one Kentucky. Every year UGA and UF would meet for the conference championship and all the media would give themselves handjobs over how great the two teams were when in fact the truth would be that they did not play anyone. OSU beat a Texas team with a freshman QB the is now only 9-3. And they beat michigan. They played no one else. Michigan played a mediocre Notre Dame team and thrashed them as they should. ND is as over rated as ever.

As much as I hate UF, I want them to play OSU. USC bores me with out the one Bush you can count on. A game against WVU would be fun also, but that will never happen.

A rematch between OSU and UM would be the biggest yawner since the Yankees played the Mets in the world series and no one outside of NY/NJ cared. This whole things smells like my kids diapers and it will continue to until the morons in charge of College football start atleast a 4 team playoff.

Rant off.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2193 by wlayton
Welcome back kentdaddy, man you must have had a real bad trip. I understand how you feel about the Big 2 but still feel OSU is by far the best team in the country. They have too many weapons on both sides of the ball and can match up favorably against any team in the country. USC, UF, UM, ND or WVU can't beat them, they have the horses and are just too balanced. Very few, if any, weaknesses. The big difference maker is Troy Smith, the best QB in college football right now and that means everything at this level. Glad you're back and hope you have a great weekend....UGA's win over GT will end your week on a great note.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds