Forum

Rematch ??

17 years 5 months ago #2122 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??
Underdog37,
I think everyone agrees it should be No. 1 vs. No. 2 regardless of what happened up to that point.
So who is your No. 2 if not Michigan?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2124 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Rematch ??
Personally, I think that if the Gators win the SEC, they should get the title shot. They had a murderous schedule.....yes, even tougher than Michigan's...and way more tougher than southern Cal's. If y'all had took the Gamecocks to the woodshed, we wouldn't be debating this. UF would have been #3 behind Michigan last Monday, and when Michigan lost, they would have been #2 and in line for the title game unless they lost to Arkansas. On the other hand, maybe my views are prejudicial towards the SEC......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2127 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??
Appreciate the kudos regarding the Gators schedule.
I personally think if Arkansas takes care of LSU and Florida in a convincing fasion then they are the clear No. 2.
Who elso would have beaten two top 10 teams back to back to end the season, AND be (undefeated) conference champion of the toughest conference in the land??
Of course most of the country has a bias against the SEC and the south in general.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2133 by UnderDog37
Most of the country just hates the South in general, but I'm not gonna debate THAT issue, lol. The football facts speak for themselves. Michigan only beat what was in their conference except for OSU. Since the big 10 is really the big 2 and the little 8, it was expected that these 2 would play each other for the big 10 title. Of course, Michigan dismantled overrated Notre Dame, just as OSU waxed them in their bowl last season. Southern Cal played nobody, period. What is in their conference? The two times this year that pac-10 teams played SEC schools, we went 1-1 with them, and Arkansas just wasnt ready for S. Cal. Play Arkansas now and it would be a LOT different. Cal-Berkley was completeley dominated by Tennesee, and UT is only one win better than UGA is right now. SEC schools, year in and year out have the toughest schedules, because we have to play each other. The SEC is a lot like the NFL...on any Saturday any SEC team is capable of winning in conference against any other SEC team. So, it's my personal belief that the Gators, should they beat Arkansas, deserve the title shot. Not overrated S. Cal, Notre Dame, or Michigan, who finished 2nd in their conference this year.....we need to scrap the BS BCS.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2135 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
Don't believe it's going to happen. USC will beat ND; UM is solidly ahead in points and besides Arkansas is going to beat UF (as long as McFadden, Jones and Monk don't get hurt against LSU). Just can't see UF as the 2nd best team in the country. Actually don't think they are close. If UF does go to the Sugar, they might meet up with WVU....uh oh.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2141 by UnderDog37
I got one better for you than that, lol.....Bowl projectors have the Big East champ, either Louisville or WVU playing the ACC champ, which may be GT in the orange bowl. Can you imagine Tech trying to slow down Slaton and White?

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds