Forum

Rematch ??

17 years 5 months ago #2196 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Rematch ??
Glad to be back! I actually had to drive to Columbus Ohio to pick up a puppy. While there I did what I could to enlighten the unwashed Big Two +9 about the truths of college football. It was a great trip.

I agree OSU has played the best and has the best weapons. I think UF has similar weapons also. I Spurrier had Leak, Harvin and that defense then the gators would be undefeated. I hate the gators as ,uch as anyone, but on any given saturday they could wake up and lay a beating on someone.

WVU has as many weapons on offense, but they also play two hand touch defense like the PAC-10.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2205 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
I agree that if Spurrier was still UF's coach they would be undefeated also with a much bigger winning margin. UF can't blow out anybody because of Myer. Did you watch the FSU/UF game?!!? FSU has THE worst offense of any D-1 team in the country, they are terrible. Their defense is and always has been very good. That's how they stayed in the game. We should all be glad Myer is their coach because he can't put a whippin on anybody. OSU, USC, and UM would beat UF by 2 TDs or MORE.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2216 by kentdaddy
I agree about Myer. If he ever gets that offense tooled up it may produce, but I do not know if it will work with the speed on defense in the SEC. Out west where they play 7 on 7 or two habd touch I bet it was something to see. WVU runs a similar system and has been very successful, but Rich Rodriguez is a better coach if you ask me.

I will likely be doing something else for the national championship game. It is the same old BS. USC is weak and so is Michigan. UF could give OSU a run.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2219 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
You really think UF could give OSU a run??? Man, I must be blind because they barely can beat Vandy, FSU, us, lose to AU who we drilled, etc etc. Troy Smith and OSU would drill UF in my opinion. I can't see what you are seeing. Sure UF's defense is good but have they REALLY played any good offenses? LSU has a good offense but they imploded in that game. In my opinion, UF is solid but couldn't hang with OSU. Plus, I can see where you say USC is weak but think the are hitting their stride now and without a doubt have the best receiver in the country, very athletic and can RUN on both sides of the ball, whole lotta speed.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2233 by kentdaddy
I am blinded by Big Ten hate. OSU was played tough by cincinnati and they have not played a tough defense. I think that UF has the athletes to hang with them. I just have no respect for the big ten teams. They get fat each season on the MAC and the likes of Indiana and Northwestern. Those two teams have the most losses of any team in DIV I A history and the likes of Illinois and some of the others are not far behind. It really is a two team conference.

I remember back in 91 - 92 when the conventional wisdom said that Miami would kill Alabama for the title but the Tide hit them harder than they had been and beat them up. I think OSU is soft.

I saw a hit against GA TECH where #89 short armed a pass on the sideline and he got FLATTENED! It brought a tear to m eye. I do not remember who dropped the hammer but it was a great hit.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2235 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??
I agree that Ohio has never faced a defense like Florida and I belive that Florida could hould them in the low 20's, but ..... the Gator's offense would not be able to score enough points to win.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds