Forum

Rematch ??

17 years 5 months ago #2155 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Rematch ??
It would be really great if WE could hold GT to 7 points while scoring 40-plus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2156 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
AMEN UnderDog37, AMEN !!

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2160 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??
Ouch! ND vs. Gators after '91 season.
I remember it well as it is the first (and last) time I ever watched a Gator game with a fan of the opposing team. In this case, my then girlfriend who was from Indiana. At one point, I yelled at her to Shut TF Up!!
Bad memory. I did get to meet Lou Holtz because of her though. :D

Wlayton, WV against the Gators in the sugar bowl.
Hmm, one of my best memories of a Gator game was that exact matchup after the '93 season. WV was 11-0 and held out of the championship game. The WV coach whined about not being considered at least No. 2 all the way up until the Gators blew them out 41-7 in the Sugar bowl. That game is one of my top 5 Gator games.
I wonder how much heat I'd catch if I started a thread on this forum titled, "My top 5 Favorite Gator Games." :lol: :lol:
BTW, only 1 is vs. the Dawgs.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2161 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Rematch ??
Much thanks that it is ONLY one with the Dawgs. I remember that WVU game. Things would be a little scarier for you if they played this year but would be an interesting game for sure and a fun one to watch. Mr. Spurrier put one on them back then, actually fun to see as well, particularly after their coach whinned so much.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2163 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Rematch ??

.....actually fun to see as well, particularly after their coach whinned so much.

It was fun for most of the country as that was before the "Gator Hate" really started settling in. Heck, I even heard that some schools want Powerade on their sidelines instead of Gatorade. OT but did you know that UF still gets royalties from Gatorade? So drink up!!

More
17 years 5 months ago #2164 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Rematch ??
What was an even funnier thing about Spurrier was the time he gave an interview to ESPN before the Gators were facing Nebraska for the National Championship after the 1995 season. When asked what he was going to do in order to stop the powerful Veer attack Nebraska had, which was led by QB Tommie Frazier and RB Lawrence Phillips, Spurrier looked into the camera, smirked and replied....."Well, they run that old option up there. We dont see that kind of offense in the SEC. Mostly only HIGH SCHOOLS run that kind of an offense anymore." Two days later, Nebraska blistered the Gators and won the championship, which was Tom Osbourne's second in a row. Although I wanted to see an SEC team win, I couldn't help but feel a little bit like Ol Steve got what he deserved by referring to Nebraska's offense as one that only high school teams run. OOPS!! Spurrier also miscalculated the defense, telling SI in an interview that the Husker's middle LB wouldn't ever be comming on a blitz because there were too many recievers to cover. That MLB sacked Danny Wurffel 5 times that night.......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds