Forum

Somebody needs to get fired

17 years 6 months ago #1555 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired

I have to agree. In football we have no business losing to Kentucky or Vandy...ever. We recuit much better players in football. In basketball I can understand with Kentucky and with SAT scores I get it with Vandy, but football should be our thing over these guys.

I have a new theory...CMR is tanking to get fired so he can have the miami or FSU job. He knows he is bound by contract so quiting is out but if he get fired...

Hey, the Gators almost blew a 19 point forth quarter lead to Vandy. Vandy moved the ball at will and put up almost 400 yds. of offense against this touted Gator defense. Once again, our special teams won the game for us. I felt sick all day yesterday about it and also the Dawgs loss.

As for Coach Richt, the guy is all class. I listened to his post game interview and he sounded humbled. He will have this team back next year. The Dawgs defense aint so bad. The team is just dejected now and not playing very inspired football.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1557 by norcodawg
Replied by norcodawg on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
I was hoping at this post game press conference I would see atleast a little bit of anger... but of course I saw was the same "lithium like" demeanor.
Just once.... please slap the freaking table!! raise your voice!! and show us that your as pissed off as we are!!!!

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1566 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
I agree totally! I still see no fire from anyone. I know Vandy has some decent players, but it is not acceptable for us to lose to these teams. I really do not care about humiltiy. I care about winning games. wlayton and I discussed this previously. I want to see someone pissed off because of poor execution. It is not OK to continually drop passes. It is not OK to lose to teams with less talent. And it is definitely not OK to lose because a team was not prepared to play like against Vandy. Mediocrity is the enemy of excellence. Sometimes people need a kick in the butt and not a caring hug. I know I am ranting but either we expect more or we settle for less. We are not Miss. State. We have generations of success to build on. We have heritage and talent and good recruiting. We lack execution and intensity and fire. We need more leadership.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1569 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
It's time kentdaddy !! Some butts do need kicking including the coaching staff. To add to what you are saying, this team doesn't seem to have the "character" of other teams of the recent years. By "character", I'm referring to the "refuse to lose", "find a way to win", "we are UGA and we won't lose" mentalities.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1571 by norcodawg
Replied by norcodawg on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
AMEN my Brothers!!!!!!!!!

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1575 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
Let start a movement...

We do seem to be lacking the Character you referred to. I do not know what the deal is. I am a big fan of leading by example and setting clear expectations and then holding people accountable. I personally think we have a systemic problem with the staff. The lackluster effort and apathy are not isolated to one or two players. Hard work and hustle frequently beat talent. If we mix hard work and hustle WITH talent we could be unstoppable.

Lombardi once said that "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will. "

I also remember a story Bart Starr told our staff about Lombardi telling the Packers they will always strive for perfection knowing full well they will never attain it. Perfection is impossible, but the pursuit of perfection leads to success.

I am done ranting for now.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds