Forum

Somebody needs to get fired

17 years 5 months ago #1710 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
I used to be into domestics when back in Georgia but I have more recently enjoyed furrin cars. I current drive a modified Subaru WRX and am in the market for a BMW M3 convertible. I hope to make that purchase by christmas. I have a cheap side of me that wants to wait a little as I see the prices are falling in anticipation for the next generation M3.

When I was younger my best friend had a '71 and '74 Vette and tooled around in that during my formative years. During that time we got the wild idea to put a built 327 into and old datsun 280z. It ran great but I never finished the project then I moved to FL.

I am looking at ways to make my next toy faster but again the cheap side of me comes out and I cannot see spend 10k to 15k on and aftermarket turbo kit for a BMW. I am however contemplating stuffing a used LS2 and a six speed from a camaro SS into my toy. Ever BMW geek in the world will label me a heretic, but I just want horsepower and I do not care where those horsepower were born.

All the bench racing has to wait for me to actually buy the car. My WRX is modified about as far as I want to go because it is still reliable and I haven't melted any pistons or bent anything yet.

What are your cars of choice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1725 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
kentdaddy, my cars of choice are the old muscle cars like I mentioned before. I currently own a 1968 Shelby GT500KR and want to eventually buy a 1966-67 Corvette, a 1969 Z28 and a 1965 GTO. That era was fantastic with very fast cars, that will never be duplicated again. You can tell that by the prices these cars are selling for....unbelievable prices. Anyway, we need to talk more about this subject again.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1728 by kentdaddy
I agree those are great cars. I looked into getting a 63 to 67 vette convertible, but now I am paranoid about safety since I have young kids and those things are not terribly impact resistant. The vette peaked for me 65 to 67 with that body style and the porcupine big block.

The mustang sounds great. I loved the early camaros also.

To tell you the truth I also love the new Z06. The LS7 is a work of art. The engine itself is so small but yet it makes tons of power. I would love to stuff one of those in my soon to be new BMW. That would piss off every BMW snob in the world but it would run like a raped ape (apologies to anyone offend by that remark who may know an ape that was actually raped).

More
17 years 5 months ago #1731 by wlayton
kentdaddy, (I know this is a UGA forum, but) the Z06s are a fantastic performance machine, but to me, they have turned the Corvette body style into a European sports car. It has plenty of the "muscle" with the 500hp, but looks and handles like the European cars. Guess I'm just too retro and love the mid '60's.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1732 by kentdaddy
I love a car that handles well. I could go for the retro look but I remember how bad the brakes were on that 71 vette and the frame was as stiff as al dente pasta. I love to drive through the mountains in a spirited manner so handling is something I love. I understand the nostalgia factor. You were around when the muscle car craze was hot. I had to catch it later. My father is a Tech man but I just happened to grow up and start paying attention to sports in the Herschel Walker era so my fate was decided for me. The kick Butler hit against Clemson from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out only cemented my love. I still remember tha Munson call. In fact I have it on my computer.

Glorious

More
17 years 5 months ago #1756 by wlayton
Kentdaddy, we both love the fast cars. The only difference is that you seem to be more into road racing with great handling cars etc where in my day, we weren't concerned with road handling, we were in to how fast the car could go in the 1/4 mile. Drag racing was king back then. Ok, forum, I'll get back to football.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds