Forum

Somebody needs to get fired

17 years 6 months ago #1667 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
I think a previous poster is misunderstanding what people want to see. No one wants a Bobby Knight. What I and several others would like to see is some fire on the sidelines and some consequences for lack of effort or preparation. Being classy and being unprepared are different. CMR is definitely classy but it appears several times this year the team has also been unprepared.

I want a strong leader that will be assertive and fix what the problems are. If Milner cannot catch the ball maybe he can help Marks wife pour the water. Same with the other WRs. If you keep dropping balls then all you get to do is kick coverage. Mediocre effort leads to mediocre results.

Switzer was fired for cheating. If he had not been caught he would have been at OU for a lot longer because he wins. Dennis Green is an idiot. CMR is smart and seems to be a great guy. He just needs to be more assertive and demanding.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1670 by norcodawg
Replied by norcodawg on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
Well said Kentdaddy.. thats what I mean by my previous comments. I understand CMR is a classy guy and I appreciate that. He also lacks emotion and enthusiasm which is greatly needed since we don't have any leaders on the feild this year. When someone consistently screws up sit em on the bench. I want to see some emotions and consequences on the sideline good or bad!! Players feed off of emotion!!!!!!!!!! If they are not getting it from the players then they need to get it from the coaches!

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1672 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
Thats it! Football is a game of passion, emotion and momentum. It is not baseball. We need passion on the filed wlike we have in the stands and here. I am a little cynical and it seems to me that a lot of college players today are so coddle in highschool that many get to college with an attitude that is a little more similar to NFL players than it was a few years ago. WHo knows. I could be full of it.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1677 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Somebody needs to get fired
Save your breath; you might need it on your death bed. Nobody, according to the AJC on 11-7-06, will be relieved of their coaching duties or demoted......at least not this year.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1683 by UnderDog37
LOL, Bobby Knight DID act like a fool a lot of times, but his behavior was tolerated to a point because of his record. The Barry Switzer I was talking about was the one who was coaching in the NFL, and used to have melt downs on a regular basis. Switzer could have been Satan himself, and he would have been allowed to stay at OU longer if he hadn't been told that he had exhibited a "lack of institutional control" over his players. CMR was given his first high-profile job by Bobby Bowden, who taught him that he didnt have to go bonkers on the sidelines like Woody Hayes in order to set an example for his players. To tell the truth, the ASSISTANTS should be the ones firing up the troops, and the head coach should be the one that keeps the emotion in check. At least that was the way it was taught to us whenever I was playing football. And we all know who was the emotional leader on the coaching staff....Brian Van Gorder. That speaks volumes right there.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1684 by UnderDog37
One last comment about coaches who get fired up, and I will shut up on this subject.....for a little while, at least, lol.
Jim Donnan was, from people I know who knew him, an emotional, fire-up guy. He managed to piss off just about everyone in Athens from Michael Adams to Loran Smith because of his attitude, (he was a Barry Switzer disciple to boot) and even Munson began to publicly talk about the dislike he had for Donnan after he was fired. Do we want someone respected because of the way he acts in public, or do we want another a**hole like Donnan runnning the show? By the way, we dont know how CMR acts with his players behind the walls of the practice field. He might BE the leader you want in private.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds