Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71274 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Hopefully Pruett decides to stay.
The issues may be more to do with Pruett and McGarity than Pruett and Smart.
No love lost between the two.

You don't have to like each other to succeed.

Saban and Smart are joined at the hip.
This is Smart's defense says Saban.
Saban is just a g.a.
Probably one of the most dominant defensive lines ever.

Saban has tried to mentor Kiffen.
Has shown him how a program should be run.
Kiffen is a brilliant OC with at least as much baggage as Muschamp.
Saban can meld it all together.

Smart has learned from the best and will work his ass off at Georgia.
Go Dawgs!
Good to say that optimistically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71275 by Buc
At this point the young men that choose to go elsewhere, I wish you nothing but the best.

There was going to come a time when this situation had to be faced. All of us know that those that still wanted Mark Richt have said for years our program would go to heck if Richt was removed.

I can understand players getting attached to those recruiting them, said that earlier. Comes a point in time that being realistic out weighs sentiment.

That time is now.

Bet this . . . . If we have Kirby Smart as head coach, Jeremy Pruitt and Company as defensive coaches, Byran McClendon as Recruiting Director, Thomas Brown as running back coach, Also if Mark Hocke remains a S&C leader, I will buy that stock.

My way of thinking, with Kirby Smart's background under Nick Saban he will have zero problems with coaching personnel. This could get exciting, maybe even for those that did not want "any" change, especially the head coach.

This is what I hope to hear from Greg McGarity at the press conference announcing the new Georgia Football Head Coach . . . . Our new head coach is Kirby Smart . . . . WELCOME HOME KIRBY.

Dawg With Style, where are you my friend? You are missed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71276 by Buc
yankeedawg1, this thread and others are what separate Dawgs.com from others. JMHO.

As the header says . . . .

Dawg Talk by seasoned Georgia Bulldog Fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71277 by Buc
I truly believe if the right man comes to the Classic City, the following will come true. We will build a fence around . . . .

Talk has been cheap, there is a group of coaches in Athens with the addition of Kirby Smart that can make this happen. Bet the farm.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71278 by Buc

BulldogShannon wrote: For what it's worth, this may all be rumor. But my friend for 20 years is in Atlanta sports talk radio He has interviewed every coach in the SEC many times ,

This does not mean he is correct but I guess he has as many connections as the next guy B)

Says the Kirby Smart deal was already verbally agreed on. Will coach the SEC game saturday then step down and come to Athens. Will not coach Bama in the playoffs.

Will keep Brown/McClendon. Everyone else gone with slight possibility of keeping Pruitt--GM will determine if he can deal with Muschamp or Pruitt easier.

Chance Shane Beamer comes.

BulldogShannon, if Greg McGarity is playing spin the bottle, I sincerely hope that it stops on Pruitt.

I say Pruitt, but Pruitt has put together a defensive coaching group that have done remarkably well in two years. Bring him back along with the players he and his group have lined up to sign LOI's in 2016, will be kicking butt and taking names later.

Shannon, thanks again for the information. You belong here, always have. Know you have deep roots in Athens. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71279 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Probably already known in this board but Pruitt interviewing with SC for head coach.

Man oh man if Pruitt crosses state lines and beats UGA.:):)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds