Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 4 months ago #71287 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Seems to me he showed up and said...

"I'm sorry fellas, but this isn't how a top tier championship caliber program operates".

People who have gotten comfortable don't like to hear that things need to change, and I think we had a situation where people had just gotten too comfortable.

I saw here www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on...G=YHF7e3228e&ref=yfp , this:

"Alabama's Nick Saban is not in danger of gettign the axe anytime soon (or ever), but in speaking with the media Sunday, he made it clear how unhappy he was with Georgia's decision.

"I don't know what the world's coming to in our profession," Saban said. "I think when you win nine games, that's a pretty good season."

Usually it is -- though winning nine games against ULM, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Southern, Missouri, Kentucky, Auburn, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech isn't nearly as good as most nine-win seasons in the SEC."

I would ask this.... in what universe would Nick Saban had equated our results over the past few years as acceptable for the University of Alabama and himself.

In what universe would Alabama, Auburn, or LSU say that no SEC titles in over a decade was acceptable?

It's real easy to sit on the outside and point fingers, but it's funny when you hold even yourself to a much higher standard and still do it. It's a backhanded comment about what UGA should expect.

He's basically saying that 9-3 should be good enough....for UGA.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #71288 by Wartdawg

sadlerdawg wrote: So if I'm understanding this correctly, Eason's desire to come to UGA was to be able to play qb for schottenheimer???????? Kinda brings his decision making into question IMO

Yet he committed before Shotty was hired :dry:

I'm not going to knock Eason... no problem in exploring options. I would just ask all recruits to look at what UGA offers outside of a single man who wouldn't be the one
who would have directly coached you anyway.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
8 years 4 months ago #71289 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

sadlerdawg wrote: So if I'm understanding this correctly, Eason's desire to come to UGA was to be able to play qb for schottenheimer???????? Kinda brings his decision making into question IMO

sadlerdawg, my understanding is CMR and Schotty both recruited him hard, mainly CMR but liked Schotty because he ran the pro style offense and coached QB's as well.

Eason obviously would prefer to play in a pro style offense.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #71290 by Buc
Wartdawg, for sure Nick Saban wanted Mark Richt to keep his job in Athens. Anytime that they played against each other, little doubt on the outcome.

Saban understands how to use the press to his advantage.

Whether anyone likes it or not, Nick Saban sits in the big seat.

EDIT: Question. Anyone on this board that knows the name of the Athletic Director or the President University of Alabama? Without looking . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #71291 by Wartdawg

Buc wrote: EDIT: Question. Anyone on this board that knows the name of the Athletic Director or the President University of Alabama? Without looking . . . . ;)

yes...

NICK SABAN :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh they may not admit, but you know it's true..... :)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #71292 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Man, this is frustrating. I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that a HC hire is much more important than a 17 year old QB recruit. :laugh:

We were going back and forth and I started thinking of OC's for Smart. My friend is a big Patterson fan as well as am I so I got to looking at his coaching staff. I told him what of Smart took the OC from TCU as our new OC? Looked up the offense.

What about Doug Meachem? TCU rolled at about 46ppg and 5th in scoring this year. Of course, defense is illegal in the Big - 12

Just thinking outside the box. Or the OC at Miss State? I mean, that MSU QB did some nice things and MSU does not get away from the run. Looked up MSU budget----last in the SEC and to compare with Ole Miss, 50% less budget than their in state rival! Maybe that is why Mullen could never get to the top in the West?

Looks like Smart has already accepted so we should start hearing the leaks any day now. Time to start wishing for a christmas list of assistants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds