Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 5 months ago #71254 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
I'm definitely in the "say NO to muschamp " camp. I've been pining for Kirby for years, second only to average. But if hiring him includes muschamp, then I say pony up the bucks and go get Gary Patterson or Herman. Muschamp is a cancer. The establishment didn't seem to be pleased with Grantham's antics, and I feel certain muschamp would be 10 times worse.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71255 by Buc
Reading the board this morning, reminds me that I post here because it is so much better than a pay for talk or view.

Down to brass tacks. Members posting, cutting no corners. Respectful but points being made. This has to make the "Boss" happy when he reads this.

Still have a lot to say, going to let some of what I just read sink in. We get a bit longer in the tooth we seem to move and maybe think a bit slower.

This is another reason that many in the media and "others" that claim not to check Dawgs.com out . . . . DO.

Have read a lot of "stuff" in the media that I know has been pulled from this board and changed to sound as if it is "new stuff".

At this point feel we have to as said above concentrate on moving forward. Mark Richt is no longer the head coach in Athens.

Then I have to say this . . . . muschamp does nothing to encourage me to support him and his way of coaching. At some point the lid will blow off and I don't want that to happen to our University.

We are sitting on some very good coaching talent. Defensive talent and an outstanding Director of Recruiting, Bryan McClendon. Think long and hard McGarity. Dot the "i's and cross the t's".

Yes I am totally on board with Kirby Smart, that has been clear from what I have said on this board. No, never would I want Kirby Smart to bring muschamp to Athens, the same Athens that muschamp turned his back on big time in Florida. If you guys only knew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71257 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
A couple of points: everyone is worried about Smart and Muschamp because of their friendship. i've got friends though that I would not want to bring into the work environment that I'm at because it's not a good fit. If Smart isn't smart enough to see that, then maybe he's not the guy we should be looking at. Personally I think he is smart enough to realize it. People have also mentioned that there's been some friction between Smart and Pruitt Sometimes a tiny bit of friction isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it brings out the best in the other person when you challenge them.

Wealso talk about problems at Georgia that may go deeper than just the head coach and yes there are some. I don't think there are as many now as were a couple years ago when we had a different president, but they do still exist to some degree. The Georgia way however is not going to be something that just goes away with Mark Richt. While I agree that Kirby needs to be given his chance to do what he wants to do, there will still be a vetting process for people he wants to bring in, and I don't think that Muschamp can make it through that process. The same on Kiffin... just too much baggage for UGA.

Might be wrong, but I don't think so.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago #71258 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
With all the buzz about Eason I thought I'd go back and look at the last QB with this much hype (I don't think it was AM), Matthew Stafford.

Even with a quality NFL QB, in his 3 years they were 30-9 (10-3 average), no SEC East Championships (co-champs one year, lost the tie breaker).

1-2 vs Florida
2-1 vs Tech (the loss certainly wasn't his fault, Roddy Jones ran for about 1,000 yards in the second half)
3-0 in bowls

DGD. Rifle arm. Same results.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71259 by Buc
Wartdawg posted in #63 . . . .

Sometimes a tiny bit of friction isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it brings out the best in the other person when you challenge them.

Totally on board with that statement Wartdawg.

I have had my butt kicked several times on this board, remember most of them. However it did not prevent me from remaining here and chatting with those that were "so damn mean". :woohoo: You realize I jest.

If the case what is being presented concerning Smart/Pruitt is factual, would bother me a lot if they carried it to their graves. Some folks allow things to linger too long . . . . Hatfield/McCoy's.

Not a doubt in my mind that the folks that coach and study under Saban "have an edge". Would bet that he demands that.

muschamp studied under Saban. muschamp however has more than an "edge" . . . . my opinion, muschamp is "over the edge". Can back that up with video and articles, not necessary me thinks.

Jacob Eason. Do what suits you best. Some Georgia folks will be in an uproar if you choose to play elsewhere. There are some of us that know good/great high school linemen mean a lot more to "any program".

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71261 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Exactly. The right coach is more important than one QB recruit. Even if Kirby comes there is no guarantee he runs the pro style offense. He could hire an OC from a smaller school who runs the read option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds