Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 5 months ago #71248 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Buc...no nice way to say this. Scrooge is a worm....

Point one... Classless act forcing CMR to fly commercial

To see JE..... Bad message for any new coach thinking

Of coming to Athens and work for this dipstick for a boss

Point two. He made the decision to fire MR while

Driving home from Tech game.....mega BS

You were the axe man....hope to live to see you get to

Pack your bags...worthless twerp.....KS best have a clear

Path to Prez....butt wipe it would have been a good idea to follow Rutgers lead and fire his a** Clean house...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71249 by Buc
yankeedawg1, totally appreciate your post.

Ten (10) years as a backup to Foley in Gainesvile, Florida. Another second stringer. The Row got what they were after, another "yes man" making half a million dollars a year for what . . . . "Yes"?

yd1, more behind what is going on than the BS about the ride back from the GT game.

What little I hear is solid.

Row has split opinions. With them it is all about the money. Money, much of the money is ready to walk.

McGarity is the "front or bag man". Very obvious.

Not a word from Francis. My, my.

Fix the damn pp drippings McGarity. Cannot stand watching McGarity trying to be "professional". McGarity, you are at best a second stringer. That was your position in Florida. Know that you are happy about getting rid of Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Don't like being called out, eh?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71250 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Scrooge is what my grandma would call a pissant...

Grave concern for me as I have posted several times

This group kept CMR for way beyond shelf life expiration

Date....now these keystone cops trying to swoon a

Prize HC to come lead this disaster....anyone with a half

A brain knows that the behind the curtain crapollla is a

Huge cluster orgy ......Scrooge ....moving forward with

A search group. All options are open.....I sincerely hope not.,,,,,

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71251 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Why can't it be simple? It's UGA, man...

Remember the Grantham hire? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th maybe more choices? It's rarely easy here. Not the only time a hire here has been.... not simple.

Hasn't been simple here since Jan Kemp was around....Hasn't been simple here since UGA and Oklahoma vs the NCAA... hasn't been simple here since we enacted some standards that our SEC brethren don't cotton to... Hasn't been simple
here since Mahogany Rd took the power...

There are lots of things about UGA behind the scenes that many know nothing of, especially those who are not long of tooth, that cause things not
to be simple here.

Buc... one thing that gives me a little hope is that several of UGA's coaches have been put back on the recruiting trail. Gives me a little hope that there might not be a complete house cleaning. I would love to see Pruitt, McClendon... a few others retained. Continuity does have some benefits and when you have pieces that are working there is no sense in replacing them as ling as there's not
a insurmountable philosophical difference.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 5 months ago #71252 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
I will say this one more time: I don't want to rush into the "easy" hire,,,KS. Yes, he may end up being the best hire, but I just want to reach for the stars first. We KNOW KS will take the job..................go for the elite established HC first is all I'm saying.

Turn it around: if you look at resume, I would put Herman ahead of KS any day of the week. First, all the talk about "knows the area". Heck, Herman's recruiting area at Ohio State WAS Atlanta. Check. Two, great OC mind. He took a 3rd string QB and won a national title. Third, unlike KS, we know Herman can run a program. Houston is 11-1. Yes, the opponents are less talented but so are Houston's players. After OSU kicked Bama's a** Saban spent time with Herman to pick his brain on offense. We have no way of knowing if Bama defense is great because of KS or Saban. Smart has never had to take inferior talent and coach it up. Herman has taken average talent at Houston and will most likely be 12-1 after saturday.

If everyone on this board is correct and getting KS means getting Will Chump..................I'll take Herman, Want no part of WM.

Understand, I'm not saying we shouldn't hire KS. I'm saying Tom Herman should at least be interviewed because the man deserves it.

I'm only saying that everything we give high marks on KS for Herman has done that too. If KS had never played at UGA would we still be so enamored with him? I don't care where my new coach played before. Muschamp and Bobo played at UGA. I want neither one of them.

Urban Meyer had never coached in the south. Think about that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #71253 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Getting the right coaching "team" will be essential early. Getting rid of quality will be a sign of weakness or immaturity. New HC weeding out the good ones and keeping them here will be a boost for the program, calm the fans and recruits, and give himself some goodwill by the fan base.

I agree that Herman looks like a good choice.

I agree that if Muschimp comes as DC, that we have upgraded on HC not as much as it first appeared (friendship over job), and downgraded on DC significantly. Pruitt >> Muschamp. Fact. Also, we don't need his baggage. Ditto Kiffen. There are some good offensive minds out there. Go get 'em. Bring Friend back. His performance last year compared to the OL this year has moved in my mind from good to exceptional.

The Row needs to give new hire a long leash. If they screw this one up, then it will be clear that CMR was a much smaller part of the problem.

Don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds