Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 6 months ago #70410 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: Reservoir Dog said: "I love a good read option offense."

Good call, too bad we don't have a QB that can run it. :whistle: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:

dawgs_fans_dad . . . . LMAO. Do that to keep from shouting to the top of my lungs.

Have been, and am probably second only to averagedawg wishing Kirby Smart would come home. His next duty station is as a head coach, what better place than the Classic City?

Kirby Smart covers the Southeast like the dew.

wlayton said this and he is right from all angles in my simple estimation . . . . Mark Richt will be in Athens for 2 to 3 more seasons.

Do not see Kirby Smart remaining in Tuscaloosa for that length of time. Still worried that South Carolina is going to hire Kirby. That would add another program that would shove the Mark Richt led UGA team down another rung on the ladder. Kirby is basically another Jim McElwain. We saw what a McElwain led gator team did to our head coach.

Mark Richt will leave only as Bobby Bowden did while at FSU and Jimbo Fisher already running the team for the last two years Bowden was there. Kicking and screaming, period. Stayed away from the FSU program for 5 years.

Sorry . . . . KIRBY SMART. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70412 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Buc, I think you're third to me and average. Average and I have had Kirby at the top of our lists for years. Don't see it happening because like you said he will likely be a head coach before we ever pull the trigger. Wouldn't mind Gary Patterson.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #70416 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
I will now toss another name in the ring:

Coach Jeff Brohm. He's turned a joke into a competitor - as opposed to the other way around.

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #70418 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: Reservoir Dog said: "I love a good read option offense."

Good call, too bad we don't have a QB that can run it. :whistle: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:

How do we know that for sure? FB comes from a Read Option background.

All CMR & BS did on Saturday was take a running QB and put him in the same lackluster offense we've been accustomed to seeing. The offense DID NOT CHANGE. FB was set up to fail IMO. :angry:

Who cares if the QB God Jacob Eason is "alledgedly" coming here ??? CMR has proven time & time again that he cannot coach talent. So why not try something different? At this point what do we have to lose by hiring a new HC thats a proponent of the Read Option offense?

Last I checked since the 2nd Half of the TN game we've only put up 19 points.

Rant over...

DM<

More
8 years 6 months ago #70419 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Many are saying either Herman at Houston or Fuentes at Memphis.

Some even thought about Gundy at Oklahoma St. and that he has the right attitude to coach in the SEC, He wouldn't back down from a Saban, Miles or anyone.....which that part may be true. Just can't see him in Athens though.

Love Kirby Smart and all the things we "feel" he will bring to the table but I favor a proven HC.......I want a proven winner not a potential experiment.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 6 months ago #70420 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

sadlerdawg wrote: Buc, I think you're third to me and average. Average and I have had Kirby at the top of our lists for years. Don't see it happening because like you said he will likely be a head coach before we ever pull the trigger. Wouldn't mind Gary Patterson.

sadlerdawg, gladly accept third place to you two.

Bothers me that we have to have someone like high school player Jacob Eason being the reason players and coaches in 2016 will either be here or . . . .

To me, shows the depth not only of our head coach, the depth of those that use the same "stuff" year after year.

Head coach has stepped into it again, now the "Money Mongers" are rallying their support for . . . . more of the same.

Sad thing "again" for me is reading different sites and the same "excuses" continue to arise. It is like reading the same "stuff" from years past.

Georgia fans and players deserve more "bang for the buck".

Anyone expecting a "show down" between McGarity and Richt . . . . won't happen. McGarity was put in his place prior to the Belk Bowl. Head coach is after one thing at this point . . . . want to insure he makes it to a bowl and this will be his language . . . . The players earned it, question is this . . . . did our head coach? All about the record folks.

Sorry again . . . . KIRBY SMART :)

First time that I have read this, maybe you folks have. Promise all of you, had not read or heard this before. Now I am totally depressed.

www.thestate.com/sports/college/universi...article40730046.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds