Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 5 months ago #70518 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Mark Richt just made a tweet saying "just so you know Jeremy Pruitt is our defense coordinator and is preparing for Kentucky"

But by the sounds of other sources Pruitt is in the dawg house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70519 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
I'm pretty sure that the character and integrity is just another charade.

Read this one fellows:

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/...mark-richt/75214044/

Our entire program is a sad joke right now, and Mark Richt is the head clown.

"The personality conflict between Pruitt and Richt stands at the center of Georgia's failed season. Pruitt, who came up from the Nick Saban tree and was Jimbo Fisher's defensive coordinator in 2013 at Florida State, was given wide latitude to improve the program from its recruiting operation to autonomy over several coaching hires.

But as Georgia has continued to lose, the intense and brash Pruitt has butted heads with the laid-back Richt, who has never been a fan of the idea that Alabama influence has become pervasive in his program."

Yeah... we can't have some influence that demands winning instead of giving everyone a participation trophy and making sure they know we love them.

I am so done with this program until changes are made, and those changes
are not CJP

Article states that Richt has been given a mandate to fix the issues immediately, so he's going to go after anyone who doesn't take the Mark Richt Adderall.

Jeshush H Christmas... turning to Richt to fix this is like asking the fox to go straighten out the problems in the hen-house.

This entire program is, and should be the laughing stock of the SEC right now.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70520 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
BullDawg2010, remembering Pruitt speaking to the "ownership" about needing a Indoor Practice Facility. Why? To upgrade the recruiting. To make Georgia a football power, or at least to be able to keep up with many of the other universities that have IPF's.

Remember McGarity getting his panties in a wad.

Whether Pruitt has been fired or is on campus until the end of the year when he probably joins Kirby Smart in South Carolina. Pruitt will not leave by himself if that comes to pass.

There was a lot of talk from different corners about Jere Morehead becoming President of UGA, and what? He loves SEC football. How is that going under the McGarity and Richt, Sir?

Now that Greg McGarity has lightened Mark Richt's load, what has changed?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70523 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Below is a portion of an article written by Chip Towers 1/8/2014.

Pruitt, McGarity did not like you calling him out.

Understand the fox/chicken house way of doing things, have watched those in charge at UGA follow that line of remedying problems for a long time Wartdawg.

Q: Do you feel an indoor practice facility for football is a necessity?/b]

A: “We would have only used it three times this year. Recruiting is the only place it might be putting us at a disadvantage. We’re blessed here to have what I think is the premier outdoor practice facility in the country. You can walk out of your door onto two grass fields and two regulation turf fields. We don’t have that much cold weather. The indoor facility really kicks in during the preseason with thunderstorms and during the season if you have rain. But, as we saw in the bowl, it’s an outdoor game. We don’t play many indoor games during the regular season. I mean, zero. When the decision was made back in ’09 or ’08, if an indoor facility was absolutely essential, a must-have, I’m confident it would have been done at that time. I wasn’t here, but obviously it was not a must-have item then or I’m sure they would have done something at that time.”

Q: So no chance of adding it to the Butts-Mehre complex?

A: “It would be very difficult to do one here. To move the track would probably triple the cost. You’d have to build track locker rooms and offices and training support and the facility and we’d be building a 100-foot high building right here that would dominate the campus. Just won’t work.”

Amazing what M$M dollars can do to gain control, eh stevedawg.

Now McGarity has his chest stuck out, wanting folks to believe he is the reason that attention to constructing the IPF was his doing. Just won't work Greg McGarity said. Folks if you believe that the head coach is the only problem . . . . oh well.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...letic-facility-2015/

More
8 years 5 months ago #70524 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
From the article Wartdawg posted, here is the entire issue wrapped up in a nice neat bow, as far as I'm concerned. I believe Richt is a symptom, not necessarily a cause:

"Then again, nothing is guaranteed at Georgia, which operates differently than other SEC programs and does not like to be viewed as a cutthroat operation."

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70525 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Matt Campbell

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg