Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 5 months ago #70496 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Goose, I have always read what you have to say and respect what you have said.

You are not the only one on this board that has been in the Richt camp one time or another. FACT. :)

I mention Bobby Bowden a lot in recent times when comparing the head coaches. I firmly believe that BB used a "branding iron" on the head coach some years back.

Truthfully, it has turned into a sad situation. Head coach was never real good in the press conferences, always relied on his aides to provide what I felt was important information during the pressers. All anyone has to do is check many of the pressers and it happens often.

What do I base this on, not real sure, but have heard and read that he likes for others to do his work. Thought that was the reason that McGarity had a conversation with the head coach soon after being hired as Athletic Director, removing obstacles. Another mistake in my opinion. When first hired thought it was a good move, amazing what time and truth provide for those of us outside the arena.

Foley made an error in selecting muschamp. Did not let any grass grow under his feet, moved on and I can say this, have said it earlier . . . . McElwain is all over the recruits in Florida, not just in the living rooms. Not looking good for those of us that understand the need for change.

One thing I will bet on . . . . There is going to be a serious Public Relations attempt trying to explain the error in Mark Richt's ways. Some will buy into it, maybe half of the folks that claim to be UGA backers.

Most turmoil I have witnessed surrounding Georgia football in all of the years I have been associated with the program. Not time for the "stuff" that the head coach is putting forth for all to see.

This tops the way VD handled Erk back in the day. Never thought I would be able to say that. Live and learn.

Sorry Goose, being so long, like you I feel like I have lost something very close to me . . . . The Red and Black.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooseDawg78

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70497 by Buc
Here they come.

Fran Tarkenton is talking out of both sides of his mouth. Same guy that was all over Mark Richt a few years back.

Fran Tarkenton at Minnesota in the NFL, serious problem maker. Actually got the head coach fired. Coach later became the head coach of the Falcons.

First of many efforts to blame others for the shortcomings of the head coach. That is the way those in power in Athens play the game. Don't worry Fran, the money you passed along for the IPF will have your name engraved on the building somewhere.

One thought . . . . You mention the quarterbacks, including Faton Bauta. He can throw a football further with more velocity than you ever did. Faton can also "scramble" . . . . just like you did Fran the man. Too many holes in your past Tarkenton.

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...a-coaching-staff-bad

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70498 by Buc
Post the following, don't want members and readers of Dawg.com to think my last post was "talking out of both sides of my mouth".

Pulled this from the article below . . . .

This morning Fran Tarkenton, former UGA QB great, was interviewed on a radio show called “The Rude Awakening.” For about ten minutes Fran went on a rant about UGA coach Mark Richt. One of his early rants was that while Richt is a, “great Christian man,” no one really cared about his religious views, “he was hired to coach football.” Tarkenton demonstrated his point by asking the hosts of the radio show if they knew the religious views of either coach in the BCS National Championship Game, Nick Saban, Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech), or Mike Smith (coach of the Atlanta Falcons). Tarkenton’s point (amongst other things) was that when it came to the religious views of our football coaches, we shouldn’t hear of it or even care. He insinuated that Mark Richt’s dedication to Christ may be connected to two seasons of bad football. My interpretation of Tarkenton’s comments is that he was suggesting that because Richt went on “missions” and did so much to live out his faith that he was failing as the University of Georgia’s football coach.

Keeping it real, eh Fran . . . . Never fear, said it above, your large contribution will get your name pasted all over the IPF.

There is more, waiting for the next shot from those that try to keep many of us out of the "Arena".

www.feelmyfaith.com/2011/01/fran-tarkent...k-richt-for-his.html

More
8 years 5 months ago #70499 by Buc
And this . . . .

content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/...orgia/1#.Vjtj77NdFjo

And this . . .

joederbes.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/fran-...k-richt-needs-to-go/

Why the change of heart Fran? What has changed at UGA?

You have been a big Kirby Smart supporter. Personally I would rather see Kirby Smart in Athens as the Head Coach, not the defensive coordinator.

Mark Richt has a hard time with defensive coordinators. Your record there speaks for itself.

Tarkenton doing a 180 degree change, not surprising, been that way all of his life.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70500 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
What we are seeing is an implosion.
The regime is fighting a groundswell of disgust and anger from the "uneducated" base.
It is as bad as it has ever been and I am afraid it might get worse.

Richt will not go easily.
No time to waste.
He must leave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, GooseDawg78, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago #70501 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Kyle Whittingham

• thriller
  • Topic Author