Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 6 months ago #70449 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
averagedawg, I am still having a huge problem thinking that a Father and Son can control the University of Georgia's football program.

Just read a column in the AJC concerning Tony Eason (Father) and "Jake" as he refers to his son. While I believe both of them are good folks, after reading the article, another indication of just how the AJC and the Public Relations Group are going to come out taking no prisoners along the way.

Article mentions that "Jake" gets upset with Georgia losing. Some of us have been upset for "ages" with the lack of direction from those that control not only the coaches, they control the "purse strings".

"Jake" having contact with the offensive coordinator for the gators. Explanation was "old friends" going all the way back to the coach being on the staff in Michigan.

Young men like Faton Bauta were brought in and the name mentioned as being responsible for him moving to Athens . . . . Mark Richt. Same can be said for Brice Ramsey. When the time came and the money was on the table, Mark Richt and Brian Schottenheimer decided that there was a need for a quarterback in Athens, so welcome aboard Greyson Lambert.

I have witnessed "messes" in Athens over a lot of years . . . . this mess tops all of them when it comes to a lack of leadership. Statistics speak volumes when looking at the current mess.

Listening to the press conference coming from the head coach. Mentioned that there were some "good suggestions" out there in cyber space and some that were not. Thought to myself, the head coach has said over and over that he does not "listen to the noise", even have the players repeating that use of words.

Already there is a discussion of having to pay x amount of dollars if they release any of the coaches. Here they go again . . . . all about the money, not about the "product, winning football". Not surprising coming from those that watch the vault carefully . . . . and I might add, regardless of winning and losing football games. Also we are being reminded again about the IPF.

Goes much deeper than Mark Richt and Greg McGarity. They do as they are told. SEC Network in Richt's camp big time. Contract with Disney was and is relinquishing control, M&M only enter into contracts that they control, period.

Some may not believe that, but I would remind anyone that has been on this board or reads this board to go back and look at what was being said by members on this board, all coming true. They are not finished yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, growl, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70450 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Buc, I'll give you a Jake, Jake Ganus.
A Damn Good Dawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #70452 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

Buc wrote: BullDawg2010, going to watch closely what goes on between the head coach and the offensive coordinator for the rest of the season.

At some point, and this has been going on for many years, somebody has to leave when the head coach has his butt in a crack. Will not be his.

Beginning to think that it might be our offensive line coach. Did I say that? Would not be surprised to see Sale move on to join the McElwain forces. Jim McElwain would have hired Sale if UGA had not already him inked to a contract.

Do not believe that Jeremy Pruitt is going to allow the head coach to take him down. Pruitt's stock has been on a steady rise, but statistics sometimes are flawed when the offense is doing nothing and it has serious effects on the defensive side of the ball.

One thing to remember . . . . Pruitt and Company have coached under much better leadership than they are coaching for now.

Mark Richt has lost more than fan support, he is losing those around him on the coaching "team".

If Kirby Smart "should" become the head coach for the Gamecocks, would not surprise me to see Pruitt and Company in Columbia. That would scare the hell out of a lot of head coaches in the SEC, especially the East.

If I was in charge of the Gamecocks program, first move would be to hire Kirby Smart, regardless of COST. Next move would be Pruitt and Company packing their bags, regardless of cost and plying their trade in Columbia.

That is not something that those above the head coach in Athens would do. Takes a set of brassies like the folks in Tuscaloosa have to move the program forward.

My opinion, this is a golden opportunity for the Gamecocks to put their program back together.

This type of thinking has not and will not happen in the Classic City.

Those that sit on Mahogany Row are more about sitting "tight". Take "tight" anyway that suits those reading this. Want an explanations of "tight" put on the Halloween McGarity face. Big thing is those with the "power" . . . . most of us don't know their names. They prefer it that way.

30 million dollar Indoor Practice Facility. That will change everything that pertains to SEC Football, right?

Those at the top want to keep Mark Richt and make a big deal out of the IPF, when it is finished. Who knows, might even put his name in big, bold letters on the facility. Forgetting that Pruitt is the "spark" that got McGarity so pissed.

Just rambling. Talking to some folks that have been around for a while and they are just as confused with our football program as you and I are.

Anyone that thinks there is a pretty picture being painted in Athens, guess you and I are not on the same palette. Last time there was a hot seat mentioned does not come close to the one that is fixing to "erupt in 2015" or soon thereafter.

Too bad it is this way, should not be this way with the talent I see on our "playing roster".

Last chance for Brian Schottenheimer. NFL is not calling his name, his escape button was/is marked MR. Easy enough to figure, the head coach has "another" scapegoat.

A team that was picked by many to play in the Final Four. Know that I say that often . . . . has a certain "ring" to it. There are some very good coaches in Athens, I do however believe that will change shortly. It will be another step in the wrong direction for those of us that care more about our program than those that say we have to have a National Championship. All we are after at this point is winning against a top 25 or so team.

Sorry, Richt must go.

Buc, your thoughts are exactly what I'm hearing! If we want Smart it has to happen sooner than later as that window is VERY close to closing. I'm hearing Smart, Pruitt and I've even heard Kiffen may be in the mix to SC. That right there is a deadly combination fellows. BUT, if we were to make the right moves we could have Smart and Kiffen.

If we don't get Smart I wouldn't mind seeing Chip Kelly or Kiffen at the G...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #70453 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
I'm not holding my breath.
We are not proactive.
We are not reactive.
We are inactive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, GooseDawg78, growl, sflanagan21, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #70454 by sflanagan21
Chad Morris would be my 3rd choice. I REALLY like Fuente and he would be at the top of my list but personally I think he lands at SC. I know that contradicts what I'm hearing and trust me the source I'm hearing Smart to SC is SOLID but unless Smart can convince them that he is in it for the long haul then I just don't see them chancing it with him possibly bailing when the UGA job opens up or Bama for that matter.

My opinion is that there are a lot of GREAT candidates out there right now and we couldn't go wrong with any of them. UGA is a "Dream Job" for pretty much any coach in the Nation and that alone would bring a new HC with fire in his belly! Plus the new HC is sitting on a freaking gold mine of talent right at his finger tips both in state and on the current roster. Jeez just get some new blood in to coach up all of this talent!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, GooseDawg78, averagedawg

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #70455 by sflanagan21
PS- I know of several HS coaches in the state of Georgia that could call a better game than Shotty has called up to this point so at the least let's fire that dead beat and go after Kiffen!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds