Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 6 months ago #70436 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
I

ReservoirDawg wrote:

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: Reservoir Dog said: "I love a good read option offense."

Good call, too bad we don't have a QB that can run it. :whistle: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:

How do we know that for sure? FB comes from a Read Option background.

All CMR & BS did on Saturday was take a running QB and put him in the same lackluster offense we've been accustomed to seeing. The offense DID NOT CHANGE. FB was set up to fail IMO. :angry:

Who cares if the QB God Jacob Eason is "alledgedly" coming here ??? CMR has proven time & time again that he cannot coach talent. So why not try something different? At this point what do we have to lose by hiring a new HC thats a proponent of the Read Option offense?

Last I checked since the 2nd Half of the TN game we've only put up 19 points.

Rant over...

DM<

I was being sarcastic.

We were in the arena, errr, stadium Saturday screaming for a QB draw, read option, heck a QB sneak. Anything to put those legs to work and give Florida's d something else to think about.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70438 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
BullDawg2010, going to watch closely what goes on between the head coach and the offensive coordinator for the rest of the season.

At some point, and this has been going on for many years, somebody has to leave when the head coach has his butt in a crack. Will not be his.

Beginning to think that it might be our offensive line coach. Did I say that? Would not be surprised to see Sale move on to join the McElwain forces. Jim McElwain would have hired Sale if UGA had not already him inked to a contract.

Do not believe that Jeremy Pruitt is going to allow the head coach to take him down. Pruitt's stock has been on a steady rise, but statistics sometimes are flawed when the offense is doing nothing and it has serious effects on the defensive side of the ball.

One thing to remember . . . . Pruitt and Company have coached under much better leadership than they are coaching for now.

Mark Richt has lost more than fan support, he is losing those around him on the coaching "team".

If Kirby Smart "should" become the head coach for the Gamecocks, would not surprise me to see Pruitt and Company in Columbia. That would scare the hell out of a lot of head coaches in the SEC, especially the East.

If I was in charge of the Gamecocks program, first move would be to hire Kirby Smart, regardless of COST. Next move would be Pruitt and Company packing their bags, regardless of cost and plying their trade in Columbia.

That is not something that those above the head coach in Athens would do. Takes a set of brassies like the folks in Tuscaloosa have to move the program forward.

My opinion, this is a golden opportunity for the Gamecocks to put their program back together.

This type of thinking has not and will not happen in the Classic City.

Those that sit on Mahogany Row are more about sitting "tight". Take "tight" anyway that suits those reading this. Want an explanations of "tight" put on the Halloween McGarity face. Big thing is those with the "power" . . . . most of us don't know their names. They prefer it that way.

30 million dollar Indoor Practice Facility. That will change everything that pertains to SEC Football, right?

Those at the top want to keep Mark Richt and make a big deal out of the IPF, when it is finished. Who knows, might even put his name in big, bold letters on the facility. Forgetting that Pruitt is the "spark" that got McGarity so pissed.

Just rambling. Talking to some folks that have been around for a while and they are just as confused with our football program as you and I are.

Anyone that thinks there is a pretty picture being painted in Athens, guess you and I are not on the same palette. Last time there was a hot seat mentioned does not come close to the one that is fixing to "erupt in 2015" or soon thereafter.

Too bad it is this way, should not be this way with the talent I see on our "playing roster".

Last chance for Brian Schottenheimer. NFL is not calling his name, his escape button was/is marked MR. Easy enough to figure, the head coach has "another" scapegoat.

A team that was picked by many to play in the Final Four. Know that I say that often . . . . has a certain "ring" to it. There are some very good coaches in Athens, I do however believe that will change shortly. It will be another step in the wrong direction for those of us that care more about our program than those that say we have to have a National Championship. All we are after at this point is winning against a top 25 or so team.

Sorry, Richt must go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #70439 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: I

ReservoirDawg wrote:

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: Reservoir Dog said: "I love a good read option offense."

Good call, too bad we don't have a QB that can run it. :whistle: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:

How do we know that for sure? FB comes from a Read Option background.

All CMR & BS did on Saturday was take a running QB and put him in the same lackluster offense we've been accustomed to seeing. The offense DID NOT CHANGE. FB was set up to fail IMO. :angry:

Who cares if the QB God Jacob Eason is "alledgedly" coming here ??? CMR has proven time & time again that he cannot coach talent. So why not try something different? At this point what do we have to lose by hiring a new HC thats a proponent of the Read Option offense?

Last I checked since the 2nd Half of the TN game we've only put up 19 points.

Rant over...

DM<

I was being sarcastic.

We were in the arena, errr, stadium Saturday screaming for a QB draw, read option, heck a QB sneak. Anything to put those legs to work and give Florida's d something else to think about.

Whoops...My bad :blush:

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #70441 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
averagedawg, looks like post #20 in this thread is coming to pass.

Probably read this, but . . . . money does not come first with Pruitt. He is all about a program being run from the "top" and ran in some order. Saban ran/runs his program that way.

Said earlier, would hate to see Kirby Smart in Columbia.

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ch...ly-coming-at-georgia

More
8 years 6 months ago #70443 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Very insightfull, Buc.
I saw Richt on the tube, same b.s.
He is happy the fanbase is so passionate, focus on getting better, that condescending smirk.

My wife has an interesting take,
He must have something on somebody.

Hopefully, he takes the high road and quits, although I'm sure it will be hard to make it on a million a year.

We keep hearing Kirby's name.
The window of opportunity is short.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago #70448 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
My nightmare,
Richt fires the OC,
The DC heads to greener pastures, along with Mcclendon.
We're stuck with Richt.

It might be a good thing for Eason to decommit if it means getting rid of Richt.
I don't see Saban held hostage by some recruit.

When I hear Richt say he doesn't worry, I see a liar. Anyone watching him on the sideline in Jacksonville saw a worried man.
Bodylanguage 101.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl, ReservoirDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds