Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 6 months ago #70456 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

sflanagan21 wrote: PS- I know of several HS coaches in the state of Georgia that could call a better game than Shotty has called up to this point so at the least let's fire that dead beat and go after Kiffen!

SF21, I've still got your back on the Chip Kelly idea ;)

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70457 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Sad thing being, Georgia is Smart's dream job.
Just hire him, NOW!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #70458 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
RD, I know the chances of landing Kelly are slim to none but the proof is in the pudding in what he can do at the college level. Imagine what he could do with the elite speed he could pull in at UGA! Too many player turnovers in college for any DC to ever be able to catch up with what Kelly does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #70462 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again

sflanagan21 wrote: RD, I know the chances of landing Kelly are slim to none but the proof is in the pudding in what he can do at the college level. Imagine what he could do with the elite speed he could pull in at UGA! Too many player turnovers in college for any DC to ever be able to catch up with what Kelly does.

Absolutely !!! I was sold on it the first time I saw it used at Oregon. Running a play every 11 seconds !!! If you're defense ain't in perfect shape(especially with the humidity here in the South) they're tongues will be dragging by halftime.

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #70469 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
What's the old joke about "I'd rather have the first five hundred and thirty-five names in the phone book" than the current congress?

Could be relevant.

Like the choices so far. If there was enough room on the server we could go for the next question, "Who could do a better job at UGA?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #70490 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Been on this board for about two-thirds of the CMR Era & have never said this before but now, even I've had enough, time for a change at HC!

The football program is stale to the point of molding.

My UK & GSU game tix are on the market & I know I won't be able to fetch face value for them, let alone the extra investment tied up with my annual contribution...not that I should! Just stating FACTS (right Buc)!

The secondary ticket market does not lie & demand is at an all-time low, go figure.

I have no new suggestions for our new HC but do agree with plenty of names that have already been posted here, especially Kirby.

One thing I am darn sure about though, I ain't scared of us turning into Tennessee post-Fulmer!

One of my favorite adages, "without change there can be no improvement" rings truer than ever in UGA's current situation & frankly, for darn near the last decade.

It is the Administration's job to make the right hire, so my message to them is simple...MAN UP & do your damn job!

In 2001, nobody knew much about the FSU OC named Mark Richt & that hire worked out just dandy...for the first 5 years.

Georgia sells itself to recruits by & large, IMHO, & if Eason or ANY other recruit ain't coming to Athens unless CMR is still here, then so be it! We will still manage to reel in an adequate (Top 10 I'd still predict) 2016 recruiting class.

I still love UGA as much as ever, but I can't shake the feeling, make that the conviction, that they ain't loving me back anymore.

Just my 2 cents & that's about all it's worth!

Do SOMETHING Dawgs!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, averagedawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds