Forum

Defense

8 years 9 months ago #68373 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Defense
Buc, great read my man. Call me what you want but I truly feel like all the pieces to the puzzle are on the table and game by game the puzzle will come together.

You mentioned SW turning some heads. I'm right there with you on Williams as he is a tremendous athlete with great hands and the hamstring is all good. I've been on the Godwin bandwagon for at least 2 years now and I'm almost as excited to watch him play at the next level as I was about Chubb. Godwin is a freak of an athlete and will be a handful for DB's and VERY FUN to watch. Don't sleep on Jayson Stanley either...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68374 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
sflanagan21 remember well your postings on Godwin.

Know that thriller has mentioned a couple of times that he believes there is a lot of talent at the position.

Shakenneth Williams comes from growl's area, seems more and more young men from Middle Georgia are finding their way to Athens. Auburn was always strong in that area.

Stick by what I said a while back. Think that Quayvon Hicks will be chosen in the next NFL draft. Have a strong feeling that Schottenheimer will use Hicks more than Mike Bobo did. Strong, good hands, prime candidate for the NFL. Needs to have a strong 2015 Season getting his protection calls down.

Also like you, believe Jayson Stanley's name will be called. If not, sure helps with the depth in 2016.

You mentioned in another thread the amount of talent in Athens and the possibilities of future talent. I really hope that this group of coaches can move these talented players forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68375 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Another Redshirt Freshman that I really like is Keyon Brown.

Notice that he is now listed as a defensive tackle, not linebacker. That to me is not good news, it is great news. Can now visualize what the defense is up to . . . . going to see a lot of five (5) man fronts this season. Not a doubt in my mind.

Leads me to believe that the three or four linebackers are going to stop some of the "leakage" we had last season in the running game.

Coaches are going to have a hard time "choosing" who to double up on.

Talent and depth, hard combination to beat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68376 by sflanagan21
There were some rumors two years ago that Bobo didn't like Hicks style of play. I can't recall all the details on that matter but I do recall Hicks missing a block on ST and that's about when the rumors started to fly. Also talk back then of moving him to the D side. It could have all been rumors but for some reason he didn't see the field as much as he should have if ya ask me. But my point is that Bobo is gone and Hicks is a BEAST! I'm with you, I believe Shotty will NOT overlook Hicks and the potential that he possess to be very productive and a force!

We've seen all the talent that Richt has at UGA for at least the past 10 years and not much has come of it as far as producing it all as a package to win a NC. I think the difference at UGA right now is the coaching staff from below Richt to the bottom. Look at where we've come in just 2 short years on our coaching staff Buc. The talk is that the coaches has everyone believing and buying into that they have as good a shot at winning a NC as anyone. It's one thing to have the talent but it's another to have that talent being coached up physically to perform their job at their highest potential and mentally to believe their good enough to win it all. That's the difference I think we will see this year and in the future at UGA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68377 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Defense
DT Chris Mayes 6-4 323 SR.

Backup John Atkins 6-4 300 SO.

That's almost the same size Rocker going to be hard to handle.

With Floyd Lorenz an Jordan playing LB.

Looks great own the depth chart.

The player I want to see is Jarvis Wilson 6-2 190 FR. it's going to be hard to keep him off the field

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sflanagan21

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68378 by sflanagan21
DWS, your post got me really excited! To add to that list I think Trent Thompson, Natrez Patrick, J Ledbetter, J Abram and Michael Barnett are going to be HUGE contributors to our D before all is said and done this year. These dudes are all Freshman and will be very hard to keep off the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds