Forum

Defense

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68359 by Dawg With Style
Defense was created by Dawg With Style
I'm not that concerned about the offense.

My question is this the year will we have a Junkyard defense again.

I think we have not seen this much talent since Jarvis Jones an company took the field.

We have the LB an DE.

CJP has a lot of talent in the secondary finally some height an speed.

Will we stop the run?

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68361 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
DWS as ogredawg has said several times . . . . the key to the defense is stopping the run.

Alabama and Tennessee will run for sure. Both have good to excellent running backs and offensive lines.

Feel that some of the folks wanting to rush the passer need to play position football. Not all of the time, some or most of the time.

My two cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 9 months ago #68363 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Defense
This could just be me trying to sound all "football-guy", but I think our D-Line is in better shape than has been reported. I think they will occupy O-Linemen and give our LBs a chance to clog the running lanes. One thing is for sure, Buc and ogredawg nailed it: stop the run, stop the offense. Takes me back to the Arkansas game. By the time they turned to the air it was long over.

Other than QB and POSSIBLY WR, I think we are stacked this year. And as for the QB, I just want the coaches to genuinely put the best one out there. Do NOT "anoint" someone because of his age or tenure. Chip Towers kind of disappointed me with his little "op-ed" piece in the AJC this morning. I know the coaches have a method - they get paid for that. I want to know who shines. I want to know if the three guys we have would start for Ohio State. I know for a FACT that at least ONE of them would not start for UVa. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68367 by Buc
thriller think I am seeing a "trend" or the beginning of a "trend" at the AJC.

Soon after Seth joined the AJC, noticed that "Pouty" was quick to build a friendship. Might be that those in control created a shakeup from the way business was done in the past.

Also, see Carvell has linked up with Kimberley Nash, Lady Sportswriter. Kimberley has been a favorite of some on this board for quite a while. yd1 for sure.

Back on subject. Agree with you that our defensive line "should" be better in 2015. One of my reasons for thinking in that direction is the addition Mark Hocke. No way any player is working under Hocke and not putting in the work he requires. Good football players get better when their coaches are maybe a few steps ahead of those that are no longer running the S&C. One highly touted incoming player can help immensely, but for the other players to be in great condition moves us into Fall practice far ahead of where we have been. Just a thought.

Really believe that Shakenneth Williams is going to turn some heads in 2015 at Wide Receiver. Very talented athlete. Another receiver that I think is going to show up is Charlie Hegedus.

thriller believe you and I were in agreement earlier about Wide Receiver position being better than some blogs like to portray.

Little doubt that Schottenheimer will utilize our tight ends, a position that I like a lot on this team.

Lots of "talent" in Athens.

Will add this . . . . thus far players staying out of trouble, believe that Mark Hocke has had a hand in that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68371 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Defense
Pruitt has "his guys" this year. His D don't stop the run big trouble looms as the opponent will be keeping our offense off the field.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 9 months ago #68372 by Buc
The link below was just posted. Interesting.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/07/21/38234...nditioning.html?rh=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, growl, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds