Forum

Defense

8 years 9 months ago #68437 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Defense
Steve ever time i post it automatically checks the notify box.

Yeah Buc i like Tae hope T.Brown gets him some RB.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68438 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Watching much of last years football games, appears to me that we were in the nickel probably close to 50% of the time.

Get some improvement from the defensive line in 2015, meaning stopping the run, probably be in the nickel over 50% of the time.

That leads me to believe that Leonard Floyd could play nickel much more than he did last season. Also gives me hope that Roquan Smith turns out to be a quick learner.

Several names pop up when discussing the nickel, many players that are very talented. Going to be interesting.

Lots of possibilities, most SEC teams have talent.

Edit . . . . Have mentioned Keyon Brown many times, do so for a reason. Appears he is going to put his hand in the dirt as he is listed as a Defensive Tackle now, not a lot of talk ablut linebacker.

Have to believe his weight and strength will go up before the 2015 Season starts. Pruitt liked this young man when he was the defensive coordinator for FSU, can't believe anything has changed.

Would not be surprised to see Keyon carry around 275 and with his power, could be that missing link on the defensive line. Trenton and some others along with Keyon Brown, can only make us better. Keyon will not help us on the bench or sideline. Really hope to see him getting playing time.

www.dawgsports.com/2014/1/30/5362954/201...cruiting-keyon-brown
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68469 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Defense
Lorenzo Carter has been working own strength.

Between him Floyd an JJ wow.

Jenkins said the incoming freshman are pushing everybody.

Steve you fixed it as far as going to the last post but when I hit quick reply it still checks the box for emails to be sent when some one else post thanks for all the hard work you do.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68503 by Buc
DWS, this thread has stuck with me. Allow me this.

Tracy Rocker. Say again, glad that he is a coach on the UGA Campus.

One thing that I know about Rocker is this . . . .

He watches film, and every practice there is film to be watched.

Another thing Rocker does is break the film down. Breaks film down on every player that he has a responsibility for. It is never mentioned in the press, surprise eh.

Tracy Rocker sits and points out to every player what he is doing, not doing, and what he expects the player to do . . . . within his playing capabilities.

Not a single NFL coach that does not go through the same practice. If they don't, they are history.

Not a doubt in my mind that this was not accomplished in Athens to the degree that it is now under Tracy Rocker.

What will prove the above factual? When we watch the rotations from the first game up until the last game of the season. That was a serious flaw that grantham had, maybe still has.

Coach Will Friend did this every week with his offensive line, both starters and those that played more in relief.

Football coached in this manner leads to winning games that were lost in the past.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 9 months ago #68504 by Buc
Another thought that comes to mind, DWS.

Played against a Louisville football team that was coached defensively by grantham.

End of the game, score 34-14.

grantham vs Pruitt. Both first year defensive coordinators for the respective teams.

A UGA team that had some bad defensive habits. Don't have to go into the players waving their arms and chatting with each other after a bad play.

My opinion. Head coach at Louisville has to score more than 14 points to bail grantham's ass out.

Said soon after the two coaches got together in Louisville, head coach and defensive coordinator . . . . will not last. Would not be surprised to see the Cardinals coaches end the so-called "relationship" at the end of 2015.

Louisville opens with Auburn and in the third game in 2015 face off with Clemson. For damn sure grantham's defense had better be improved over the 2014 defense. grantham has a couple of young men that once wore the Red and Black, will see if they can change things in Louisville.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68505 by Buc
Read the "click grabber head" then went into the "meat" of the subject in the link below.

This is where ogredawg and I agree.

Change in Athens was "needed".

Not sure we have a "disagreement". Both of us "understand" that "flash in the pan" has been a formula for the past in Athens.

From my side of the Pruitt "stuff".

He is dedicated. What I did see in the 2014 Season was improvement. But . . . . it is not like we had the toughest schedule in 2014, thinking about previous years.

Pruitt is relatively new at "Defensive Coordinator". Starting in 2015 and down the road, we can and "will" express how we feel about Jeremy Pruitt, Defensive Coordinator.

What I like about Pruitt . . . . I like his selections to round out his staff. Has nothing to do with MR. The coaches on the defensive side of the ball are "hand picked" by Jeremy Pruitt. He will live and die with his selections.

Comments nine times out of ten mean more to me than headlines.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/bobo-blames-pruitt/

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds