Forum

Defense

8 years 9 months ago #68379 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
slanagan21, know that you have a busy lifestyle. Glad that you are back, bring much to this board. Hang when you can.

Pulled this from your post #9.

I think the difference at UGA right now is the coaching staff from below Richt to the bottom. Look at where we've come in just 2 short years on our coaching staff.

Sometimes it is mentioned on this board that Mark Richt needs to do what he does best and I still believe that is in the recruiting area, more so than the on field planning.

Could not be happier with the addition of Rocker. I think that we are going to have a "surprise" resulting from Rocker being as you say, someone below Richt. Good hire MR, the new hires should pay dividends.

Add this . . . . Do I believe that Trenton Thompson will make a difference in his Freshman year . . . . not a doubt in my mind.

DWS, Pruitt now has as ogredawg mentions, his players. Time is now, and I don't doubt for a minute that ogredawg is pulling as hard or harder than most outside of this board.

Looking forward to Alabama again in Athens. Please leave the jersey "stuff" out of the meeting. Red and Black in the seats will be a perfect combination, especially if we can change the outcome of the last time, this time between the two teams in Athens.

With our talent, it would be a huge problem with me if this group of players can't hold their own with anyone on our schedule.

Allow me this . . . . Would love to see Marshall return to the Checkerboard Stadium and have a huge day against Jones and his group. Could happen, and would not doubt for a minute that Marshall has that in his mind.

I think like that. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68380 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Defense
KM. aka "comeback kid". He is aware it his time

Much like MM. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68381 by Buc
Just finished reading your last post sflanagan21.

Michael Barnett is "all that".

Depth, finally see that happening in Athens. Different approach, and that can be either good or bad. This old fart likes down home good old boys coaching a game that they "played and understand".

Know we are talking defense for the most part in this thread.

I really hope that AJ Turman gets a good look this season. He is a serious football player. Maybe in some of the "warm up games". Should not say that, many of these young men playing for colleges with lesser talent should be given high fives and back slaps. For sure they dress out. Much to be said for them. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68382 by Buc
yankeedawg1, apparently Marshall is in great shape, this young man also lining up in the slot could be someone that every defensive coordinator would have to game plan for.

Back to this . . . . Talent abounds in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68383 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Defense
Thanks Buc, I drop in year round almost on a daily basis. Actually I'm not a social media guy nor do I spend countless hours on the net so when I do get on the net it's to either check my emails or to come here. The passion and wealth of knowledge of UGA football keep me coming back, plus even though I've had some words with one or two it still feels like family every time I come here.

I'm hoping that KM is as healthy as they are saying he is. We all know how much talent that kid has and if he is healthy then we are even more nasty on O!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68384 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Defense
Sony Keith an Tae a lot of talent to use in so many different ways.

Chubb an Turman running the ball. :woohoo:

Duck hope all is well with you.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds