Forum

Defense

8 years 9 months ago #68404 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Dawg With Style, this coach in my mind changed a lot of things in Athens and college football, along with coaching and coming up with terms that have carried on. Terms that many Georgia supporters apply to when posting.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/07/23/happy-birthday-erk-russell/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68405 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Defense
I agree Buc my Dad always talked about him.

This season will be different Georgia football was me an my Daddys thing .

Steve I'm using a android s6 an every time I hit last post it takes me to the 1 page I like the new look thanks for always making it better.

KM 4 is healthy by all reports I sure hope he stays that way he deserves a great year.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68406 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Defense
Dws mine also does that along with the inability to post emoticons at the end of the post. However I can put emoticons at the front of the post. Other than this minor inconvenience the site is great. Mine is an I phone

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 9 months ago #68422 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Defense
dws, growl, having same problem here. I am looking into it.

Irritating isn't it? :angry:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, Dawg With Style

8 years 9 months ago #68435 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Defense
I wasn't too hard on Pruitt last year, but all I know is if I see Florida run the ball like they did last year, I will be a very very ticked off fan.

If we can stop the run this year, everything else will work out fine. IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68436 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Some chatter on the internet about players signing with other universities.

For a long spell it was often mentioned on “all” boards that we (UGA) were not getting our share of in state talent.

Seems that talk quieted down in the recent past. Talented players were finding their way to Athens, often have us listed in the top five overall.

Many of the players with a lot of talent or just short of being “all that” are now looking over our player list and going elsewhere. These players are more about playing time than school colors. Not hard when looking at positions and understanding playing time might not be immediate. That I believe has become a huge selling point for the different recruiters when they are after the same young men that UGA is after.

Speaking to that . . . . I like it a lot. Overall recruiting has improved many times over from where I sit. Finally it appears that we are recruiting for depth, not “high school stars”. We went through that system not too long ago. Will say this . . . . was glad to see UGA let Shaq Wiggins move on to Louisville. Like it when coaches “run” the program, not the “big heads”.

One more piece of recruiting aid needs to be put in place. Indoor Practice Facility. Think most of us know that Alabama, just one university, there are others in the SEC that also overshadow UGA not having a IPF. Beginning to think that President Jere Morehead “really understands” what it takes to reach areas like the Final Four.

Too much confusion coming from the higher ups in my opinion. Check the cash flow, then take a serious look at the bottom line.

DWS, you and I both like Tae Crowder. Was not on the radar prior to UGA getting involved. Another of those athletes that was pinned with 2 starts, now on campus, media moved him up to three stars. Bryan McClendon struck again, along with John Lilly.

I like the selections that are now being made. Said before we seemed to go after players, not position players. MR often says that we cannot have too many running backs and quarterbacks, think that applies to many positions.

Agree with Bulldawg 2010 and his statement. This year much more is expected from Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Echoing what ogredawg has said from the get go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds