Forum

Defense

8 years 9 months ago #68385 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Defense
Turman proved to be a load at the G Day game and he will see his share of carries I do believe.

Barnett is built to play on a D in the SEC and thank God it's with UGA! Word is that Rocker really loves his attitude and how hard he goes at it. His name will be called often over the loud speaker for the next 3-4 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68386 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Defense
Buc. Your post about KM playing in the slot

Brings to mind CBS statement to recruits and current players. Learn several positions make the defenses find you

Believe this to be the case with KM. love him on a screen pass

Do remember his back shoulder catch game one against the Huskers. AM knew he could catch

Agree with your observation. CBS will run the "O"

GO Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago #68387 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
Really believe that Schottenheimer wanted a place that played his brand of football. Came in and was given good numbers on his pay check.

Might be in the 15th year under Mark Richt he has seen and heard what some out here think "needs to be done" to move Georgia football in another direction.

Little bit like going to the drag strip in Fairburn, Yellow River or Dallas, Georgia back in the day. One or two cars that were always a little bit or a lot ahead. Only way to move forward was through change. Many times back then it would be as simple as changing the third member (rear end) move up to a 4/11 gear or further up.

Reason for the above. We have been close a couple of times in the past 15 years. We have gone as far as changing coaching personnel, realizing that something was not moving us forward fast enough. Maybe we have finally found the "right gears" to change football for the better in Athens and out here on the internet where we are involved.

Beginning to think that Mark Richt realizes his role in remaining as head coach in Athens is to turn the keys over to those that don't need hip replacements at their young age. Age always wins on many different fronts. Sometimes the change makes everyone feel better at the end of the race.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68388 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Defense
Does my heart good to see the absence of infighting and "me'ing" on the coaching staff and among the players.

Different a few years back. Combining competence and teamwork always pays off. The bigger those factors over this season, the more games in the W column.

Watch out for TN and FL. No stoopid calls. Ready for every game.

Show us early by stomping on the ole ball sac. That's been such a problem for years. Blow them out and the morale and motivation will be sky high. We'll need that for the grind in mid season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 9 months ago #68389 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Defense
Something rockdawg just wrote just hit me:

"Watch out for TN and FL."

I would add USCe to that list. And GT. And Missouri. And possibly Vandy. Okay, maybe not Vandy so much.

Here's my point. I just read this article:

www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/delving-...loss-syndrome/nm4M7/

I already know the Alabama and Abuurn games will be challenges, and therefore we will "play up" to them. That doesn't mean we will WIN, just "play up" to our own ability. Whoever wins those games will truly be the best football team, and I mean that. But what about the winner of the TN, USCe, FL, Missouri and GT games? I think the winner may not be the best team. We will always find a way to "play DOWN" to the level of the competition.

That, to me, has everything to do with "coachin' 'em up". Alabama is not immune; witness their game against Arkansas last year.

But generally speaking, everyone posting here KNOWS we have the talent. The question is, as Seth Emerson points out, will we play down to anyone this year? That is nothing but coaching.

Then again - that "QB Thingy" may make the whole question pointless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68390 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defense
rockdawg, my opinion is that we are now on the "fast track".

Red and Black spent many years as you described above.

Much is said about those out here that are tagged as "haters". What we (the haters) have a problem with is watching a program that we believe has been running on a flat tire. If not totally flat, needed some air. Could be that we went out and bought a new set of tires, not "recaps". Will say again that Coach Will Friend had a huge hand in what is going on with UGA Football, especially the past couple of years. Believe Will Friend put the right name(s) in the "suggestion box".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds